My plow mount thread...

/ My plow mount thread... #21  
The bracket is to mount the quick hitch front end they make for the 2305. Then that can be used for the plow, snowblower or sweeper..

Yeah Luckly the 2305 doesn't stand as tall as yours, so the brack will almost be the perfect hieght..

For my front plow on the 4300, I used the Deere plates that are for the front bail to hold the belly mower forward.
My plates stay put too. Built the bracket to slip into the 'hooks' and then tilt it up to bolt to the front weight bracket with two bolts.

A pic of the hitch during fabrication, and with primer paint.

Attachments

• Hitch_pre-paint.jpg
    Hitch_pre-paint.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 274
   / My plow mount thread...
New spring loaded pins came in, hopefully i can get out to the shop and start welding things up today...

Pins are heavy duty, 3/4 pin...

0115101651.jpg

Well 3/4" had way too much slop in the bracket. Really need 13/16", but hard to find and no metal shops open near me on the weekends. Called up my cuz, he had an old torsion bar off his race car. Brought it over, cut it to size and going to use the lathe to turn it down in two spots, the bar is 1", so need to take her down. Should work out great..

torsionbar.jpg

torsionbar2.jpg

Stop by my friends house played with the lathe, came out good. Its a perfect fit for the brackets now, even played with the Knurling tool.

p1010527b.jpg

p1010528.jpg

Got a bunch done today..

Holes drilled for the pin, the bigger hole for the milled down bar.

0117101220.jpg

Last edited:
The cross bracing for the mount all cut to size.. Will be used to attach the plow and for the hydraulics..

0117101437.jpg

0117101438.jpg

Last edited:
Getting it all clamped up and ready for tack welding.. The plates sprung open a lil so had to use the bar clamp to bring it back into the same width.

0117101430a.jpg

All welded up, this is where i start to see that i didn't have thing quite how I would have liked them, LIKE SQUARE... GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

downsize3g.jpg

Last edited:
So for those of you don't know how this works here goes.. First you slide the round bar into the slot. The part that's milled down to 13/16..

Front shot, with the bar in the slot..
0117101708.jpg

Side shot with the bar in the slot..
0117101708a.jpg

Then you slide the front up and let the pins go into the the holes on both sides. Don't mind the ugly welds!!
0117101709.jpg

Last edited:
Fits like a glove, locks in place awesome. Really happy with how it locks and fits. I am not happy with how I didn't take the time to line it up right (square).. Now will have to shim things when welding the plow mount and the hydraulics arm..

In the front shot you can see i am about 3/8 inch off on the bottom cross bar, not sure how i managed to do this.

Front shot..
0117101710.jpg

Heres's a side shot..
0117101839.jpg