Another Plow/QA Build One Catch it's On A TZ18

/ Another Plow/QA Build One Catch it's On A TZ18 #1  

silverado15000

Tractor
New Holland TZ18DA
Hi everyone, have read this forum for a few years, but never had much to post.

Well that has changed. I decided I needed a better way to clear my drive of snow and ended up getting a plow mould board for free and things got out of hand from there.

The original plan was to figure out how to attach the plow to the bucket on my TZ-18, and I ended up building a SS compatiable quick attach, a frame from the plow and the brackets for my bucket.

All of the material came from stock at the shop I work at so it ended up overbuilt, but I guess that is better then making it too light.

The plow and QA ended up weighing more than I had planned, so when spring comes arround and I start using the bucket we will see if I need to lighten things up, put so far the plow is working as planned.

/ Another Plow/QA Build One Catch it's On A TZ18 #2  
We need pictures. We love pictures.

Chris

/ Another Plow/QA Build One Catch it's On A TZ18
One more detail to mention. I decided to purchase the "latch boxes" for the quick attache rather than make them to save time and ensure a good easy to use qa so I ordered them from Washburn and am very happy with them.

So, that got long winded so here are the pictures.

Here is the plow side frame sitting on the plow.
IMG_02091.JPG

Here is the plow and tractor side plow frames
IMG_02121.JPG

Here are the some pictures of the quick attach after paint. The latch boxes were connected by some 1-1/2" tubing and the pivots from the bucket were cut off and welded to the new QA frame

Front
IMG_0228.JPG

Back
IMG_0229.JPG

Here is the plow frame after paint with the QA plates welded on
IMG_0231.JPG

Here is a shot of the back of the bucket after the QA plates were added. They stick up over the bucket more than I would have liked, but I didn't have much choice I guess the back of the bucket is just shorter than I thought.
IMG_0232.JPG

Finally Here are a couple with the plow and QA on the tractor.
IMG_0236.JPG

For right now the angle is adjusted by pulling the pin in the middle swinging the blade and putting the pin back in.
IMG_0237.JPG

I know the it looks way to big for the tractor in these pictures, but even with the blade turned 20 degrees it still pushes the snow pretty good.

I will probably added a hydraulic circuit for tilt over the summer for next year.

I also plan to re-skin the blade with either new metal or HDPE since it has quite a bit of rust that I just painted over to get going this year.

I just realized I don't have any with the bucket on so I wll post one when I get a chance.

Well, let me have it. The good, bad and ugly.