Snow pusher build

/ Snow pusher build
Very nice job, I'm saving this project to my favorites ( it just so happens I have everything to make one.......the reality is, I'll never find the time to do it). I'd like to barrow your design anyway, can I ask what angle the sheet metal is bent at?

Not real sure. I need to measure it. The original trough was bent by eye, and all the prior components were cut to match. I'm contemplating building one more and attempting to sell it, but I gotta say, the labor time is killing me!

/ Snow pusher build
Very Nice job Haymaker!! Probably can't wait for some new either?;)
OK here's one of those stupid quesition that said I'd ask when I first
signed on, what holds it on the bucket? I see chain holes in the corners,
I'm thinking they go back to some hooks on the bucket with chains?!
Ok How dumb am I ?? :D

A chain will loop from one corner of the plow, through the hook on top of my bucket then to the other corner of the plow. Either a lever or ratchet style binder will take up slop.

Welcome to TractorByNet!

/ Snow pusher build
i dont think you ment snow blade

i think you ment DOZER blade .... wow that thing is beafy :cool:

Maybe I overdid it? The commercial units are just as beefy, and I want to only make it once. It's funny to see the responses to the pictures because it is a 50/50 split of "Too Whimpy" or "Are you planning on pushing an Abrams?".

Kinda like the sides, I have the amount of 1/8" I need, but not sure it's be solid enough. By the time I get done bracing it, I might as well just use thicker material and less bracing. Maybe I should just use the 1/8" and see what happens. The shoes will fit any thickness.

/ Snow pusher build #25  
A chain will loop from one corner of the plow, through the hook on top of my bucket then to the other corner of the plow. Either a lever or ratchet style binder will take up slop.

Welcome to TractorByNet!

I thought that might be how you did it. Starting to see a few more in the area,but never really look to see how they secured them to the bucket.
You'll move some snow in a hurry with one of them.:) Looks good!

/ Snow pusher build
Maybe a good thing this is almost done. Would be done if I WASN"T AN IDIOT!!! Spent most of the morning putting the pieces to make the box section at each end, including the chain holes. Got them all welded into place, meaning two welds on each end, each 24" long. No easy task, as entire 7' plow had to be stood on end to get the angles I need to make a clean weld.

Soooooooooo......... here I am welding the last of four 3" long butts where the "box" meets the top and bottom of the plow and.......... and I realize I have the hooks at the bottom of the plow on EACH end. OOF!!!!

So, new pieces made with hook holes and welded into place. Just need to use plasma wrench to open up hooks that are in wrong place to keep from being a water trap.

Now to fit cutting edge!

Attachments

• DSCF0867.JPG
    DSCF0867.JPG
    907.1 KB · Views: 607
  • DSCF0866.JPG
    DSCF0866.JPG
    901 KB · Views: 582
  • DSCF0865.JPG
    DSCF0865.JPG
    938.2 KB · Views: 521
  • DSCF0864.JPG
    DSCF0864.JPG
    896.9 KB · Views: 666
  • DSCF0862.JPG
    DSCF0862.JPG
    911.5 KB · Views: 682
   / Snow pusher build
Cutting edge is on! Now to add sides.... Next weekend.

Played around with it, works well even in the hard frozen snow we have currently, or at least what's left of it. I suspect it'll be much easier to use once the shoes are on it.

/ Snow pusher build #28  
Not real sure. I need to measure it. The original trough was bent by eye, and all the prior components were cut to match. I'm contemplating building one more and attempting to sell it, but I gotta say, the labor time is killing me!

I think you could sell it. I like that it works wthout taking off the bucket and it looks like a very quick removal/attachement.

/ Snow pusher build #29  
Haymaker,
That is one good looking snowpusher. I guess the reason why we have not had any snow in weeks because it knows that you are so well prepared.

/ Snow pusher build #30  
Haymaker your build is giving me an idea for my 8n that has a dirt bucket on it. Looks awesome.