Snow pusher build

/ Snow pusher build
Thanks for the kudos guys.

This has turned into a massive project. Worked on it from 0930 to 1900 and STILL is not done! Today made all four shoes (don't forget, two plows being made here) and vaporized enough metal to make all four end pieces, templates too, of course. Made a jig/template for welding nuts to ends of plow for fastening of ends. Woulda been MUCH easier had I decided this fastening method earlier in the game, like before the end webs were welded to the plow.

Also welded up a set of dies made from 1" round stock for bending the 3/8"x2" shoes in the hydraulic press. ****! Worked better than I ever would have imagined.

Now need to weld nuts to end of 5' unit, then make fancy braces for stabilizing ends. Then.... (huge heavy sigh) SHOULD be done!

End pieces are experimental, using 1/8" leftover from bending of skins. Not so sure it's heavy enough, but......

Oh yeah, and dropping what I guess to be 200lbs of plow on a Ryobi 4.5" grinder is bad..... Wonder if they'll warranty it?:(

Attachments

• DSCF0876.JPG
    DSCF0876.JPG
    881.6 KB · Views: 433
  • DSCF0879.JPG
    DSCF0879.JPG
    872.7 KB · Views: 456
  • DSCF0881.JPG
    DSCF0881.JPG
    871.2 KB · Views: 523
  • 02-12-10951201.jpg
    02-12-10951201.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 548
Last edited:
   / Snow pusher build #32  
Good thing it is a labor of love. Yes, it looks like lots of work. Lots of cutting, welding and grinding and a bunch of other stuff.

/ Snow pusher build #33  
Dude that looks great! That's gonna be one mean machine! I picked up a 5ft Curtis Cab plow with all hydraulics for mine. Got it in franklin. CHEAP!! hehehe

/ Snow pusher build #34  
Yup, sure is HD, try it out, if no trouble pushing a full load, maybe could make those side a little longer for even more capacity.

The grinder was no match for it :)

JB.

/ Snow pusher build
The reason the sides are short is because it's all I had for material. Curse these steel vendors who won't sell less than a full sheet!

Anyway, very close, should be done mine within an hour's labor. After today's measuring, calculating, duct tape mock-upping....... My cranium hurts!

May end up doing a spar style support on the 5' blade due to time constraints and testing. Anyway, here's a pic of mine ready for the fancy type spar. I really like the eye appeal of the angular build.

Attachments

• DSCF0882.JPG
    DSCF0882.JPG
    886.7 KB · Views: 305
  • DSCF0885.JPG
    DSCF0885.JPG
    895.3 KB · Views: 445
  • DSCF0883.JPG
    DSCF0883.JPG
    887.6 KB · Views: 408
   / Snow pusher build #36  
Looks like in 10 years you will have a shoveler for snow fall!!!! Just a word of advice, keep the cell phones and internet out of reach or he will never have time to get anything done!!!!

/ Snow pusher build
Looks like in 10 years you will have a shoveler for snow fall!!!! Just a word of advice, keep the cell phones and internet out of reach or he will never have time to get anything done!!!!

If you look closely, you'll see he digs my New Holland, as he's eating a Case for breakfast!

/ Snow pusher build
Finally (huge sigh of relief!) the 7' unit is done except final cleanup and paint. All I have left on 5' unit is drill sides and fab spars. A few hours.

Took it out and abused it on what is left of our snow. Seems to work and didn't tweak anything. Yay!

Attachments

• DSCF0895.JPG
    DSCF0895.JPG
    915.7 KB · Views: 481
  • DSCF0891.JPG
    DSCF0891.JPG
    913.1 KB · Views: 321
  • DSCF0887.JPG
    DSCF0887.JPG
    901.1 KB · Views: 493
   / Snow pusher build #39  
Dang,top notch!!..since there no snow to be had,I'll be more than happy to store the piece of art at my place. ;)

/ Snow pusher build
Guess I need to draw up a contract for beta testing?