Snow pusher build

/ Snow pusher build #1  

The Haymaker

Veteran Member
Tractor
2008 T2220
I finally started my 7' snow pusher. I'm also building a 5' at the same time for a friend. I'll keep posting as I move along.

E

Attachments

• DSCF0809.JPG
    DSCF0809.JPG
    884.9 KB · Views: 1,325
  • DSCF0811.JPG
    DSCF0811.JPG
    872.1 KB · Views: 1,052
  • DSCF0812.JPG
    DSCF0812.JPG
    877.9 KB · Views: 1,249
   / Snow pusher build
Todays work:

Attachments

• DSCF0817.JPG
    DSCF0817.JPG
    873.4 KB · Views: 1,348
   / Snow pusher build #3  
Very nicely done! It will look great when its done.

/ Snow pusher build #4  
Looks very strong and well built. Will it mount directly to the loader arms or does it mount to the bucket?

/ Snow pusher build
Looks very strong and well built. Will it mount directly to the loader arms or does it mount to the bucket?

Goal is to build it like the box blades many of the snow removal outfits use now. I'll add sides, and the plan is to make them removable or fold 180 degrees so they face rearward to facilitate back dragging. There will be fingers that fit over the bucket bottom. Fastening will be done by looping a chain from one side up through my bucket top hook, and back down to the other side of the blade. A chain binder will hopefully take up slack stopping any movement from side to side and eliminate slop.

The reason for not just making the "fingers" so they hit the bucket sides is so my Dad with his slightly smaller bucket can use it during the summer to push wood chips.

/ Snow pusher build #6  
I like the idea of mounting it onto the bucket, and the sides will allow it to hold a great deal of snow. Great project.

/ Snow pusher build
Day 3: Last nights pic was just a dry run with nothing welded in place. Made a little progress today, but still have rest of webbing, cutting edge, and a few other things to add. So far, as far as engineering goes, I'm happy. I have about 25lbs of rod that was given to me and am less than happy with the results compared to the 80AC stuff I've been using. It's a solid weld, I just don't like the finish.

Too bad I gotta head for work in the morning. I'll be able to do nothing but think of more things that need to be done until friday!

Attachments

• DSCF0823.JPG
    DSCF0823.JPG
    881.5 KB · Views: 1,109
  • DSCF0821.JPG
    DSCF0821.JPG
    878.4 KB · Views: 763
  • DSCF0820.JPG
    DSCF0820.JPG
    873.1 KB · Views: 1,264
   / Snow pusher build #8  
I made one of these from an old snow plow that had the whole corner twisted away. Anyways. This is a perfect use for the two bucket hooks on the end if you have. I just use one chain on each end of the plow up to the grab hood on the bucket. Not too much slop to it either. It works better than I thought it would
Great build job.PS I have even seem aone fashioned with wood..

Last edited:
   / Snow pusher build #9  
Nice..very nice.
Now you got me to thinking.

/ Snow pusher build #10  
Great looking setup, looks very strong.. Any reason your not making it quick attach to your loader arms vrs to the bucket?