Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    2008 T2220

Default Snow pusher build

I finally started my 7' snow pusher. I'm also building a 5' at the same time for a friend. I'll keep posting as I move along.

E
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Snow pusher build-dscf0809.jpg   Snow pusher build-dscf0811.jpg   Snow pusher build-dscf0812.jpg  
    "Freedom is never more than one generation from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

Tractor
    2008 T2220

Default Re: Snow pusher build

Todays work:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Snow pusher build-dscf0817.jpg  
    "Freedom is never more than one generation from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

Padawan Tractor Learner
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Deere 317 & L118

Very nicely done! It will look great when its done.
    My Fleet:
    2004 Deere 317 Skid Steer Loader
    66" Construction bucket, imatch QA adapter, CU72 Jake Rake, Middle Buster, 60" Landscape rake, 54"x 48" Pallet forks
    2005 John Deere L118
    42" deck

Check out my rakes: www.Jakesimplements.com

Member of the TBN "Young gun" Club

Tractor
    JD 2320

Looks very strong and well built. Will it mount directly to the loader arms or does it mount to the bucket?
    JD 2320, 200cx Loader, 46 BH, Box Blade, Tiller, Kubota RTV http://www.equipment-tube.com/users/slatecreek

Tractor
    2008 T2220

Quote Originally Posted by Slatecreek View Post
    Looks very strong and well built. Will it mount directly to the loader arms or does it mount to the bucket?
    Goal is to build it like the box blades many of the snow removal outfits use now. I'll add sides, and the plan is to make them removable or fold 180 degrees so they face rearward to facilitate back dragging. There will be fingers that fit over the bucket bottom. Fastening will be done by looping a chain from one side up through my bucket top hook, and back down to the other side of the blade. A chain binder will hopefully take up slack stopping any movement from side to side and eliminate slop.

The reason for not just making the "fingers" so they hit the bucket sides is so my Dad with his slightly smaller bucket can use it during the summer to push wood chips.

Tractor
    JD 2320

I like the idea of mounting it onto the bucket, and the sides will allow it to hold a great deal of snow. Great project.
    JD 2320, 200cx Loader, 46 BH, Box Blade, Tiller, Kubota RTV http://www.equipment-tube.com/users/slatecreek

Tractor
    2008 T2220

Day 3: Last nights pic was just a dry run with nothing welded in place. Made a little progress today, but still have rest of webbing, cutting edge, and a few other things to add. So far, as far as engineering goes, I'm happy. I have about 25lbs of rod that was given to me and am less than happy with the results compared to the 80AC stuff I've been using. It's a solid weld, I just don't like the finish.

Too bad I gotta head for work in the morning. I'll be able to do nothing but think of more things that need to be done until friday!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Snow pusher build-dscf0823.jpg   Snow pusher build-dscf0821.jpg   Snow pusher build-dscf0820.jpg  

Veteran Member

I made one of these from an old snow plow that had the whole corner twisted away. Anyways. This is a perfect use for the two bucket hooks on the end if you have. I just use one chain on each end of the plow up to the grab hood on the bucket. Not too much slop to it either. It works better than I thought it would
    Great build job.PS I have even seem aone fashioned with wood..
    Last edited by Bedlam; 01-25-2010 at 05:56 AM.

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

Nice..very nice.
    Now you got me to thinking.

Silver Member

Great looking setup, looks very strong.. Any reason your not making it quick attach to your loader arms vrs to the bucket?
    If only god made me rich instead of handsome!

2305 Folding Rop

2305 Quick Hitch / Plow build

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast