Direction of snowblower rotation

/ Direction of snowblower rotation #1  

45LC

I was just given a Kubota 48 inch frount mount that I was going to mount on a Kioti ck20 3 pt hitch. I have 2 questions 1 will the rotation be right and is there a kit to mount it to a 3pt or do I have to fab my own.

/ Direction of snowblower rotation #2  
You may want to check with a dealer to determine what the input shaft rpm needs to be. Many front mount mowers, brooms, and snowblowers are designed to run off a 2100 rpm mid-pto and not the 540 rpm pto usully found at the rear end. So your options are to keep it front mounted and get 2100 rpm up there, get 540 rpm up there with a gearbox change or rear mounted at 540 rpm or a gearbox change to switch the 2100 rpm to 540.

I believe the rotation will be correct, though. (CW when facing the implement). It would be awful to suck snow off your lawn and pave the driveway with it, if that's not the case...

/ Direction of snowblower rotation
Thankyou, I had thought about the rpm's before i pcked it up and after the rotation question popped into my peabrain the rpm's slipped to the back of the bus. :)

No mid-pto so it has to stay on the back, I wonder if I can get the spockets from Kubota to get the proper rpm's. I will have get the serial # and find out how good the local 'Bota parts man is

/ Direction of snowblower rotation #4  
I doubt Kubota has gears...it was never offer to be rear mounted so I cannot imagine they have 540 RPM gears. Is a Mid-PTO option available? Kioti used to have a MMM option so it should be able to be equipped with a Mid-PTO. You got the blower for free so you would still be ahead.

/ Direction of snowblower rotation
Nope no gears, but it has a chain and spockets. And there is a 48" & 51" currently on Craigs list that are rear mounted so it must have been an option at one time or another. Thats why I was hoping to convert this one.

And I don't want to change between the fel and the snowblower, I was hoping to mount it and forget about it till spring time.

I have a couple of irons in the fire right now, I also have a set of forks that I want to be able swap between the bucket so that I can use to do my fire wood.

/ Direction of snowblower rotation #6  
I was just given a Kubota 48 inch frount mount that I was going to mount on a Kioti ck20 3 pt hitch. I have 2 questions 1 will the rotation be right and is there a kit to mount it to a 3pt or do I have to fab my own.

:cool: You'll have to fab it yourself to fit 3pth however!! a gear box is avaiable from Hub city .You'll have to get one that'll speed up your rpm from 540 to 2100.Your best bet is to contact them with what you need. Larry:D B.T.W with all the extra costs your going to have to do it might be better for you to look for a rear mount one.Sometimes things for free are nice but when you start having to modify costs can mount up pretty quickly.

Last edited:
   / Direction of snowblower rotation #7  
To get 2100 rpm from a 540 rpm you would need. 8"drive by 2.1" driven
OR
10 x 2.6
OR
12 x 3.1