Yet another snow plow thread!

/ Yet another snow plow thread! #1  

52wej

Gold Member
Tractor
2004 Century 2535 (3510 Branson equivalent), 2016 Kubota MX 5200
Here in Central Virginia we do not often get snow, maybe once every 10 years or so we will have a large snow. It is not uncommon to go several years with out a snow that exceeds 3 to 4inches in depth. This does not justify a lot investment in snow removal equipment. But what about those years (like this one ) when you have several deep snows >8". And what if the driveway you have to push is a 1 mile long dirt road?

I rememberd a pull type V plow that my father had when I was a boy and decided to see if I could recreate his idea and mount it to the loader on my Centurty 2535 (Branson 3510). Using 3/4 " marine grade plywood, treated 2x4s some misc oak boards that I had,and some metal that I had lying around, I built the plow shown in the attached pictures plowing the 10" snow that fell yesterday. It attaches to the quick connect assembly on the loader so I can attach it is about 2 minutes or less.

The tractor has plenty of power and weight (tires are not filled) to handle the 10" snow as shown in the attached pictures. I can plow this road in about 1 hour. because the road has a high crown I often have to make a back pass to moe a bit extra from one side that did not clear as cleanly. One pass leaves a 11 ft wide road.

Best of all even if I had to buy everything it stillcould be constructed for about $300. Now I have plowed only 3 snows with it so I do not know how it will hold up for the long term. But it works and is economical.

Attachments

• Back view small.jpg
    Back view small.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 404
  • Front v plow.jpg
    Front v plow.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 477
  • On the road small.jpg
    On the road small.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 292
  • Looking back.jpg
    Looking back.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 268
   / Yet another snow plow thread! #2  
Good job ,,, I remember my Uncle built a v plow 45-50 yrs ago. Instead of pushing his he pulled his behind a Farmall Super M
He used 2x10 or 2x12 from a saw mill...
From what I can remember it did a good job..but I believe the setup you cam up with will work a lot lot better.

/ Yet another snow plow thread! #3  
Nice job. :)
By the looks snow drift doesn't stand chance..roll back w/ease.

/ Yet another snow plow thread!
Thanks. I have been pleased with the way it moves the snow. The pull behind plow we had was 2x12 oak and was pulled with a Massey Haris model 30. Willie Jones