FEL Build for my Kubota B6200

/ FEL Build for my Kubota B6200
Thanks David. I will be using a counterweight on the back. I built that already. When I modify the mmm bracket, I will be extending some steel up the frame rails toward the front. Nice job on your build. Thanks for the pics. ... Oh and I have 2 hydraulic screens plus a screw on filter for the hydraulic oil. Just got done cleaning the screens, changing the filter and filled with fresh oil.

Joesvette, the plans specify the undercarriage mount for a cub cadet and indicates that you need to adjust that to your particular tractor. I don't want to go with an undercarriage bracket because it would interfere with my mower. The rest of the components are specified plus suggestions for scaling up for tractors larger than garden tractors.

I don't have a lot of steel fabricating tools. I have an old AC/DC Lincoln arc welder, a bench top drill press, an angle grinder, and a steel cutting circular saw and a reciprocating saw. I may end up getting another tool out of this build. I talked to a local welder and might have him make the actual bucket. He said he could make me a basic 4' pin on bucket for $300.

/ FEL Build for my Kubota B6200 #12  
I sold my b6200 hst 4wd in the fall I might have some pictures at home on the other computer that shows some of the loader mounts. The tractor is now up for sale again and here is a link to some pictures of it with the mmm and loader attached

KUBOTA B6200 TRACTOR WITH LOADER - Toronto Farming Equipment For Sale - Kijiji Toronto

I put about 500 hours on the tractor with no issues, I loaded the rear tires with windshield fluid and would run with either wheel weights or a counter weight to do more loader work. I sold the tractor for a b7500 with power steering. The steering was managable with a load but tight turns were a real pain.

Last edited:
   / FEL Build for my Kubota B6200 #13  
sounds like a fun project. looking forward for some pictures.

Thanks for the link RoyBrooks. I saved the pictures for reference. I see you had separate mmm bracket and separate loader bracket.

Thanks for your interest too, Johndeere3720. I'll post pics as I go.

Step one for me is the bracket.

Thanks Roy. That does help. I am going to think about this a little more. I might make up brackets separate from the mmm bracket. Did you buy these brackets or make them?

/ FEL Build for my Kubota B6200 #17  
   / FEL Build for my Kubota B6200 #19  
Hello GMitten,

Just checking in to see how the progress is coming on the FEL. I have been thinking about the same project. Think it would be a good project for my 11 and 14 year olds to be involved with.
What size bucket are you talking about using? I have no idea what the optimal size would be for this size tractor. How much do you know about hydraulics? Is this tyoe of hydraulic equipment available used?

Appreciate any updates/ advice you can turn my way.

Thanks

Hi ABuddy,

Thanks for asking. I haven't been on the forum in quite awhile. And I haven't done anything on the FEL yet. Had a few family problems come up and then got lazy. Lack of funds didn't help much either.

Do you have the same or similar tractor as me (Kubota B6200)? My plans are for a 4 foot bucket. I'll probably have a local guy build it for me. He can get the bends nice and weld the thinner material of the bucket better than I can. He said about $300 for a basic pin on bucket. I plan on using 1/8" plate with re-inforced edges. I might even go with the next lighter gauge plate.

You don't want to go too heavy on the bucket for a light tractor. I want to cover the tire tracks width, so 48" will work for me. But I know some folks go narrower on a tractor this light (about 1400 pounds I think).

I think it would be a good project for you and your kids.
I know next to nothing about hydraulics, but with help from forum members and a good supplier, I think you and I can get this done correctly.

I looked for used for a while but nothing the right size came along. I can weld the arms and brackets and follow the plans fairly well, so building the steel loader is within my abilities ...maybe barely ;) and I think will be satisfying. I favor buying new hydraulic cylinders and hoses for reliability and safety. But some folks who know more could probably find a good deal.

Good luck on your pursuit. Keep us posted.

Hello GMitten,

Just checking in to see how the progress is coming on the FEL. I have been thinking about the same project. Think it would be a good project for my 11 and 14 year olds to be involved with.
What size bucket are you talking about using? I have no idea what the optimal size would be for this size tractor. How much do you know about hydraulics? Is this tyoe of hydraulic equipment available used?

Appreciate any updates/ advice you can turn my way.

Thanks