Carryall Build with Photos

/ Carryall Build with Photos #1  

Trails2004

Gold Member
Tractor
2009 JD 3520
Last weekend I built a carryall. First I painted the frame then I stained the planks and assembled once dry- OK almost dry :eek:

Other accessories will be added soon ;)

Materials:

2 x 8 rough sawn planks
Alot of carrigage bolts- I think 48 in all :cool:
4 flush mount "D" rings- 1200 lbs cap
4 bolt on "D" rings 5000 lb cap
2- 5000 lb Clevis hooks

Note the flush mount "D" rings will be used to bungee or strap shovels, picks, and other hand tools against the back of the carryall. The bolt on "D" rings and clevis hooks are in place to lash down the load.

2w4wdop.jpg

2n0t4ix.jpg

1556stv.jpg

11cfgvd.jpg

/ Carryall Build with Photos #3  
How did you set the D rings? Hole saw first? Or large forstner bit?

/ Carryall Build with Photos #4  
Nice work! I like it. I am going to build a carryall my self hopefully before spring, I like seeing what every one comes up with.

p.s. do you armor all your tires? JD looks wicked clean!

/ Carryall Build with Photos
How did you set the D rings? Hole saw first? Or large forstner bit?

A hole saw and a chisel- just a couple minutes per "D" ring. I also sealed the wood and a thin bead of adhesive around the flange.

/ Carryall Build with Photos
Nice work! I like it. I am going to build a carryall my self hopefully before spring, I like seeing what every one comes up with.

p.s. do you armor all your tires? JD looks wicked clean!

No armor all :D After I purchased the tractor I took it to the car wash a few times. Right now the tractor is a garage queen while I complete a few projects- My wife tells me that will change- I guess she is tried of scraping the frost off her windows in the morning :D

Last edited:
   / Carryall Build with Photos #8  
She sounds like a keeper. (wife that is) LOL

/ Carryall Build with Photos #10  
OK, this is driving me nuts. For some reason, I can't see the pictures in any of Trails2004's posts. Does anybody else have this problem? Solution?