Homemade snowblower

/ Homemade snowblower #1  

elektro21

My dad observed a friend using his new $4,000 snowblower and decided to tackle building one for his Ford tractor. He used the same ratios for the auger and slinger as the factory made unit. It has worked pretty good so far. He is still working out the bugs and learning to use it. Enjoy!

Attachments

• DSCF0007 (Small).jpg
    DSCF0007 (Small).jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,535
  • DSCF0008 (Small).jpg
    DSCF0008 (Small).jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,257
  • DSCF0009 (Small).jpg
    DSCF0009 (Small).jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,327
  • DSCF0010 (Small).jpg
    DSCF0010 (Small).jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 948
  • DSCF0011 (Small).jpg
    DSCF0011 (Small).jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,009
  • DSCF0012 (Small).jpg
    DSCF0012 (Small).jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 1,413
  • DSCF0013 (Small).jpg
    DSCF0013 (Small).jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1,263
   / Homemade snowblower #3  
I'm impressed! Looks like it will do the job, and the workmanship looks pretty good too. Is he going to paint it? Also, can the blower chute be rotated to throw snow to either side?

/ Homemade snowblower
kebo
Definately going to paint it! Just putting it through the paces before making it pretty! The chute does rotate...he elected manual rotation...working on the "KISS" principle.

/ Homemade snowblower #5  
:thumbsup:Very nice. :thumbsup:
So what did it end up costing him? Just go ahead and rub it in... for those of us who don't have neither time nor the skills. :drink:

/ Homemade snowblower #6  
What did he use for the gear box? It looks like a rear differential out of some vehicle.

Also, what bugs are there still?

/ Homemade snowblower #7  
im new --sorry for the delay--the rear end i used is out of a 1986 chevette .you have to mount it upside down because of the angle (drive teeth has to mesh on the flat ) for the most strength:thumbsup:

What did he use for the gear box? It looks like a rear differential out of some vehicle.

Also, what bugs are there still?

/ Homemade snowblower #8  
I am thinking about doing this also. Can you post the gear ratios or at least RPM of the auger. I am assuming the prop speed is around 540 RPM?