Complete snow plow build

/ Complete snow plow build #1  

Tractor
JD 4440, JD 5303, JD 3038e, JD 250 skidsteer, Kubota L35, ASV 70, Bobcat 743
Here are a few pictures of my snowplow. The moldboard is a piece of rolled 7 ga. The ribs are rolled 2x2x1/4 angle. The quick attach plate is 5/16.. The unit weighs around 550 lbs.

Attachments

• snowplow 001.jpg
    snowplow 001.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 576
  • snowplow 002.jpg
    snowplow 002.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 1,067
  • snowplow 005.jpg
    snowplow 005.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 720
  • snowplow 006.jpg
    snowplow 006.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 969
   / Complete snow plow build
The plow was completely welded together with a dual shield setup up. This was my first project using that process. It gives stick weld penetration with the benefits of not having to stop when you run out of rod. Only downfall is it is nearly impossible to do a out of position weld with it.

Attachments

• snowplow 006.jpg
    snowplow 006.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 513
  • snowplow 007.jpg
    snowplow 007.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 875
  • snowplow 010.jpg
    snowplow 010.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 507
   / Complete snow plow build #3  
**Bleepin** nice work!

/ Complete snow plow build #4  
Very Nicely Done!!!!!!

/ Complete snow plow build #5  
:thumbsup: Really dig your design on the angle setup....stickers and all......"Great" lookin' unit.....Ampa :thumbsup: again

/ Complete snow plow build #6  
Too cool. You should go into the snow plow business. With all the snow this year you will keep busy for a long time.

Chris

/ Complete snow plow build #7  
Top notch..looking forward to full push pics.

/ Complete snow plow build #8  
How wide is your blade?
Jim

/ Complete snow plow build
Thanks for all the kind words everyone.

The blade is 72".

/ Complete snow plow build #10  
The plow was completely welded together with a dual shield setup up. This was my first project using that process. It gives stick weld penetration with the benefits of not having to stop when you run out of rod. Only downfall is it is nearly impossible to do a out of position weld with it.

I have welded a lot with dual shield in the past, was even certified all position unlimited thickness with 8000Ni II (hard to run) about 20 years ago. Make sure you're polarity is correct (DC neg) and using the recommended gas (probably 75/25). It's important to have the settings dialed in good. Practice makes perfect. If you can find someone with some experience with it get them to help you with it. Out of position is not that difficult to master or I never could have. Really sweet to run.

Kim