skid steer quick tach dimensions

/ skid steer quick tach dimensions #1  

tpaulson

Bronze Member
Tractor
2001 New Holland TC45D, 1953 JD 40 crawler, 1949 JD A, 1993 Lahman skidsteer
Does anybody have the dimensions/specifications for a 'standard' quick tach plate for a skid steer (Bobcat, New Holland, etc)?

I am planning on building an attachment for my Lahman skid steer. It has a quick attach system, but I am not sure if it the 'standard' bobcat attach system. When I make the attachment I want to make it so that it will fit a new skid steer when I replace my current Lahman in a few years.

Thanks
Tim

/ skid steer quick tach dimensions #2  
I bet this guy could give you all the information you want.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1760483964>Mounting plate for Bobcat / skid steer on eBay</A>

/ skid steer quick tach dimensions #3  
Tim I've been meaning to reply to you for some time now and have just not done it. I apologize.

What I've done with the quick attaches I've made for my JCB skid steer is pretty simple. The top edge is about two and a half inches wide and set at forty five degrees. I put that in place and then lift the attachment up with the tractor. The bottom plate is about sixty degrees if I recall correctly. I clamp the plate I've cut the notch out for the keepers to the quick attach on the tractor with an eighth of an inch spacer just cause you understand.

I then tack that together and do a couple of test load and unloads from the quick attach plate on the tractor. If it all fits like I want I crank up the hot glue gun and put them there gussets whereever and however.

I've found there is a small difference between the Case and the Bobcat attachment. It's in the bottom plate where the keepers come in.

But consider making them like I suggested. Then when you move up or out to your next tractor you'll be qualified to make the adjustments on the attachments if required.

I mean who better to modify something than the fool that made it in the first place?/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif ("fool" is a term of endearment and meant that way)