Adapter for FarmAll 140 fast-Hitch.

/ Adapter for FarmAll 140 fast-Hitch. #1  

ncredleg

I am looking for ideas or plans for an adapter for my Farmall 140 so that I can use 3pt implements . The implements for that single-point fast hitch are very pricy.
Thanks in advance.

/ Adapter for FarmAll 140 fast-Hitch. #2  
I can't post pics because I sold the IH 350 last fall but will try to explain it. I made a set of lift arms by laying the 2 pt arms on 1x3 stock and marked out the pointy outline and lock notches, then very carefully torched them out and drilled holes in the other end to carry the tool bar/implement. Then I just hung a 3" angle iron over the back of the tranny case and drilled holes to match the top of the transmission case. Then welded a 4" plate under that that and drilled holes that matched some on the back of the tranny case. Then welded 2 more angles on this base plate verticaly, far enough apart to fit the top link and drilled holes to receive the top link pin. Used it for 20 plus years with no problems. Also made a 3 pt for my Allis Chalmers B basicly the same way and I've had that one over 40 years.
Smiley

/ Adapter for FarmAll 140 fast-Hitch. #3  
I just reread your post and see it's a single point insted of 2 like the 350, so the way I set up the for the Allis would work better for you. I just got a set of lift arms off a junk 8n and found a point to mount them under the tractor on the drawbar and set up the top point as described for the 350.
Smiley

/ Adapter for FarmAll 140 fast-Hitch.
Smiley.Thanks.:thumbsup:

/ Adapter for FarmAll 140 fast-Hitch. #5  
I have the pic on my old computer of a 1 pt fast hitch to 3 point conversion. Im having trouble gettin pics off that computer now. The best I can explain this thing is that it was a one point prong welded to a section of 2 inch thick wall tubing. Then they had 2 4 of 5 inch lon sections of 2.5 inch thick waqll tubing that was smooth on the inside like a reciver hitch on each side of the 2 inch tubing that slid down it. The 2.5 tubing had a set of 3 point lift arm balls on the back like toi weld ons they sell at tsc. These were welded to the 2.5 inch tubes and slid over your implements lift pins.

The 3rd arm was a little short top link arm and it cam off an upright in the center of the 2 inch tube. I made a few of these when I used to weld for the public. On the 2.5 slides I had some nuts welded to them that let a bolt thread down to hold them in place. A similar common set up now is a skid steer 3 point adapter they sell now.

/ Adapter for FarmAll 140 fast-Hitch. #6  
You can get an adapter from WorkSaver that will convert your fast hitch to a 3 point hitch. I did mine twenty years ago and it is still working great. Finding fast hitch implements is pretty tough. Here is a picture of my setup.

Attachments

• tractor1.jpg
    tractor1.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 5,754
   / Adapter for FarmAll 140 fast-Hitch. #7  
I'm not IH guy, so, I don't know what's standard on them. But, is the lift mechanism welded to the fender? Is that what I'm seeing in the picture. If so, what's the lift rated at as far as weight? bjr

/ Adapter for FarmAll 140 fast-Hitch. #8  
I'm suprised its a 1 point. I thought they only came on the cubs. My Super C (about the same size as a 140) takes the smaller 2 point fast hitch and I thought that the 140 was the same.

Mark D.

/ Adapter for FarmAll 140 fast-Hitch. #9  
I'm suprised its a 1 point. I thought they only came on the cubs. My Super C (about the same size as a 140) takes the smaller 2 point fast hitch and I thought that the 140 was the same.

Mark D.

The 140 is a 1 point.

If it were me, I would do my best to keep it with a 1 point and find some implements for it. Not only is it soooo much easier to deal with it will make the tractor way more valuable later with 1 point implements to go with it. I understand the price is a concern but, you would not be disapointed with the 1 point system.

/ Adapter for FarmAll 140 fast-Hitch.
I know. I have a plow and a box blade and a bush hog , but I really need a disk that has sealed bearings.
Thanks for all of ya`lls input.:thumbsup:It has me thinking.