Weight for 3PH

/ Weight for 3PH #1  

DaveC

Hi All! This is my first post to TBN although I've been reading it for some time now. I just wanted to share pictures of the weight I made for my Ford 1710. I recently sold an 8N and purchased the 1710. Now I'm fitting it with a plow for winter and the weight will be used for plowing and general loader work. I used a 55 gallon drum obtain from the orchard next door to me. Cut it so it's 18" high. Used a Cat 1 drawbard through the middle and a Cat 2 drawbar sticking out the back to put a trailer hitch ball on. I obtained ideas for the weight from this board thanks to some earlier posts.

Attachments

• 53-190953-TractorWeight1-s.GIF
    53-190953-TractorWeight1-s.GIF
    134.8 KB · Views: 605
   / Weight for 3PH #2  
Thats cool! So you just cast concrete around it? Good idea.

/ Weight for 3PH
Here's another picture.

Attachments

• 53-190956-TractorWeight2-s.GIF
    53-190956-TractorWeight2-s.GIF
    135.3 KB · Views: 452
   / Weight for 3PH
Yep. I built the frame inside the barrel, hooked it up to the 3PH, and poured the concrete.

/ Weight for 3PH #5  
Are the two draw bars bolted together? If not, I would not put that much weight on the rear one.

/ Weight for 3PH
Yes, the drawbars are bolted together and the top link frame is also bolted to drawbars. It makes one strong (I hope) unit inside the concrete. Plus I only plan to pull a "working" trailer behind it if needed. Any serious pulling will be done without the weight attached.

/ Weight for 3PH #7  
Cool, Looks good.

/ Weight for 3PH #8  
Dave, welcome to the forum and looks like well done project. Any ideas how much weight you ended up with? The trailer hitch point is a nice extra.

MarkV

/ Weight for 3PH
Thanks for the "welcome" and the positive comments! Mark, I estimate the weight to be about 550 lbs. There are 6, 80 lb bags of concrete plus water and the steel. Once it was poured, I was worried it would be too much weight, but the tractor seems to do just fine with it. With chains and the weight, it should do well plowing snow.

/ Weight for 3PH #10  
Hi,

I recently purchased a low hour B2150HST w/ FEL. I was hoping to use the FEL to clear snow off of my paved driveway which at its worst gets up to 15 degrees. The tractor has R1 tires. I am planning on casting a 3PT weight similar to the one shown at the beginning of this thread. Can anyone recommend how heavy the weight should be? I don't want the weight to possibly spin the tractor around when going downhill. The tractor is ~1850 lbs and the FEL is ~ 900 lbs (I think).

Thanks

Booth