Self Leveling Bucket

/ Self Leveling Bucket #1  

Fritzy

I would like to have a self leveling bucket, when I have the forks on the bucket it is hard to keep the load level. Has anyone ever done this to a standard bucket?

/ Self Leveling Bucket #3  
There are mid size Kioti and Deere "self leveling" loaders that you can probably study by dropping by a dealer's lot.

I put "self leveling" in quotes because there have been discussions in other threads and there is some opinion that they should be called something different - something that suggests they merely maintain a constant angle relative to horizontal as they are raised/lowered.
It seems only those with sensing mechanisms and hydraulic "leveling" should be called "self leveling" - in the opinion of some folk.

Me ? I don;t care either way, just warning you to be ready for flames (-:

/ Self Leveling Bucket
I have a 2008 B3030 Cab so it is your every day FEL.

/ Self Leveling Bucket #5  
Reg
I can see where "self-leveling" is a mis-nomer, but can't imagine that the intent of what Fritzy means could be mis-construed. But then, maybe I can...:D

Maybe call it the MCARH would be better? :D :laughing:

/ Self Leveling Bucket #6  
I would like to have a self leveling bucket, when I have the forks on the bucket it is hard to keep the load level. Has anyone ever done this to a standard bucket?

yes i converted mine to self levelling, not just for the self levelling but also to gain 20% lift force in the bucket (lift force in the bucket pin remains the same)
You just need to make parallelograms: The vertical distance between lift arm and levelling rod pivots should be equal, as well as the length of the levelling rod vs. the distance of lift arm pin to the triangle.

Beware, it works only 100% at one position: attach your pallet forks, put it level and then start planning the positions of the extra pivot points of the parallel arm system. When i dump the bucket fully, the movement is way off.

/ Self Leveling Bucket #7  

Do you want to level both raising and lowering? If raise only Eaton makes a hydraulic self leveling system. They might have a model that would work on your loader. The self level works on the cylinder ratios and is tuned to a given loader design. Odds are they will not but it is an option.

Another option would be to see if Woods, Westendorf, etc makes a self level loader that would fit on your tractor. This would give you some idea of the cost for new loader with the features you want Vs rebuilding what you have.

/ Self Leveling Bucket
Do you have any picture of what you did. I think it is the same principle as a 3 point hitch, if you don't have the spacing right between the lower arms and the top arm it does not pick up even.