2 Pt to 3 Pt Conversion

/ 2 Pt to 3 Pt Conversion #1  

brainerdian

Tractor
Massey Harris 22
I've got a 1952 Massey Harris 22 with PTO and original 2 point hydraulics that I would like to convert to be able to use a couple of 3 point implements (disk, tiller, brush hog/mower).

I've been looking for an aftermarket conversion, but one does not seem to exist. This leaves me with the option of designing and building my own or just using the tractor to drag things.

Does anyone have any experience doing this or know where I can get some more information like measurements or 3 pt requirements? Also, I'd rather not do anything permanent that would adversely effect the value of the tractor (like welding).

I'll post a picture when I get the chance.

Dave

/ 2 Pt to 3 Pt Conversion #2  
I't's really quite simple. My first one was for my Allis Chalmers B that has the lift arms mounted high, just under the seat. I got a set of lift arms off an 8n Ford, made attachment points on the drawbar and used 1/2 x 1 1/2 flat stock off an old horse drawn cultivator, to link the upper and lower arms, then just made up a 3rd attachment point out of 2 pieces of 3" angle iron welded to form a u shape and bolted to the back of the tranny. Another was on a 350 Int with 2 pt lift and that was simply a matter finding 1 x 3" bar stock and torching out the proper shape to fit into the IH 2 pt arms, then bending them wide enough to accept standard 3 pt attachments and finally fabricating a bracket on back of the tranny to accept the top link.

/ 2 Pt to 3 Pt Conversion #3  
If the holes were big enough would it work OK? Or is there arm/link length and spacing issues?

The reason I ask is I have a land-pride "cat ii" quick-hitch and its lift-arm hooks and the top-link hook are all cat iii in size. I believe most quick-hitches are. Land pride's "cat i" quick hitch is the same way I believe.

To clarify, the implement connection are cat iii in size on the quick hitch. Bushings are required to use with a cat ii implement. (Why it is this way, I have no idea -- it is a "cat ii" quick hitch!) The connetion points to the tractor are cat ii as one would expect.

/ 2 Pt to 3 Pt Conversion #4  
Basicly I fabricated everything except the 8n lift arms so there were no issues with holes, just made what i needed to. as far as length, I just measured how far back behind the tractor the lift arms reached on standard 3 pt tractors and made mine the same. Also the 8n arms have the ball sockets on both ends so they swung freely sideways to attach to most anything. The IH 2 pt is much more rigid but there was enough slop so that when the arms were bent wider, std 3 pt attachments hooked up ok.
It does seem strange they would have the size difference on your quik hitch.