Another SSQA three point adapter.

/ Another SSQA three point adapter. #1  

countrybumpkin

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti, kubota
Well there has been some more discussions lately about building SSQA to three point adapters So I decide I might as well start mine too. :) I have had the quick hitch for some time now , bought back when Harbor freight had the sale on them in the spring, plus 20% off that. The SSQA plates I had from when I build my SSQA , grapple and pallet forks, I had enough material when building those I went a head and built some extra plates while I was at it and put up for later projects like this. I had read some earlier posts about whether to add in more roll back angle or not, I looked at a lot of the manufactured ones on the market and most were made flat but seen a few home built here on TBN that had roll back built into them so I decided to go that route with mine. Here are a few pics at the beginning, hope to finish this in a few days when time allows (building it at work).

/ Another SSQA three point adapter.
Sorry here are the pics.

Attachments

• DSCN4104.JPG
    DSCN4104.JPG
    850.1 KB · Views: 682
  • DSCN4105.JPG
    DSCN4105.JPG
    840.3 KB · Views: 432
  • DSCN4106.JPG
    DSCN4106.JPG
    817.9 KB · Views: 417
All finished and painted works really nice, I have used it more than I thought I would already.

Attachments

• Photo0463.jpg
    Photo0463.jpg
    547.2 KB · Views: 375
  • Photo0462.jpg
    Photo0462.jpg
    740.3 KB · Views: 342
  • Photo0461.jpg
    Photo0461.jpg
    435.4 KB · Views: 356
   / Another SSQA three point adapter. #4  
I made on for my L4400HST and it is another tool to add to the list. I like having the ability to put 3ph items up front. I tried my sub soiler up there and it works well for a root grubber. The best implement is the pig pole so I could lift stuff up to the roof. I will caution you to use care because the FEL can be bent or twisted if you try to do to much with it like a grader blade or box blade. Nice looking job.

Thanks for the tips, i will keep those in mind.

/ Another SSQA three point adapter. #6  
I made on for my L4400HST and it is another tool to add to the list. I like having the ability to put 3ph items up front. I tried my sub soiler up there and it works well for a root grubber. The best implement is the pig pole so I could lift stuff up to the roof. I will caution you to use care because the FEL can be bent or twisted if you try to do to much with it like a grader blade or box blade. Nice looking job.

Randall:

I have a 4400 as well :thumbsup:. Could you post some pictures of your SSQA?

I need to build some forks, as I use my tractor like a forklift occasionally. Any reason why you couldn't use a rear 3pt fork implement on the FEL? Right now I use the temporary forks attached to the bucket. Not effective or efficient. I don't lift anything over the recommended load.

Thanks,

Jon

/ Another SSQA three point adapter. #7  
Jon Welcome to TBN(first things first)

Yes I would think that you could use 3PH forks on the FEL but be aware of the lack of rollback on the FEL.

Here is a box blade photo that I had. I will caution that this set up was for back dragging loose soil and I would not use it for dozing soil.

It works great for its intended purpose. I had to put a bit of rollback on the quick hitch with my fabrication because my FEL doesn't have enough rollback on its own(this would be an issue for you as well).

As you can see I have not painted the adapter yet. I wanted to use it a bit before painting it to make sure I didn't have to make changes and paint it again.

Attachments

• HPIM2493a.jpg
    HPIM2493a.jpg
    643.5 KB · Views: 467
  • HPIM2494a.jpg
    HPIM2494a.jpg
    522.1 KB · Views: 317
  • HPIM2495a.jpg
    HPIM2495a.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 284
  • HPIM2496a.jpg
    HPIM2496a.jpg
    406.4 KB · Views: 376
I too added a few inches of roll back in to mine when I built it, I was debating on this but glad I did in the end.

/ Another SSQA three point adapter. #9  
You have made some great stuff! The box blade would perfect for back dragging snow away from garage doors.

/ Another SSQA three point adapter. #10  
Well there has been some more discussions lately about building SSQA to three point adapters So I decide I might as well start mine too. :) I have had the quick hitch for some time now , bought back when Harbor freight had the sale on them in the spring, plus 20% off that. The SSQA plates I had from when I build my SSQA , grapple and pallet forks, I had enough material when building those I went a head and built some extra plates while I was at it and put up for later projects like this. I had read some earlier posts about whether to add in more roll back angle or not, I looked at a lot of the manufactured ones on the market and most were made flat but seen a few home built here on TBN that had roll back built into them so I decided to go that route with mine. Here are a few pics at the beginning, hope to finish this in a few days when time allows (building it at work).
If you were to do another, would you build the same angle into it, less, more? Edit in.... I was wondering if this angle built in is for a front loader or a skidsteer? Or both.