princess auto hydraulics

/ princess auto hydraulics
Thanks again for all the responses. I think i will go with the red cylinders from PA. I am building a towable backhoe, but I think I will put 4 cylinders on the outriggers so I can stabilize on hills. I have not really got an official plan i will build with. I am just taking different ideas I like and will combine them. The motor will come from my 6.5 hp craftsman lawn mower,which I no longer use. The boom will be constructed out of 3/16 2 by 4 rectangular tubing (just to keep stress down at the joints). The bucket is approx 14" long 9" wide the boom will be about 6 ft and the dipper will probably be 5 ft, haven't roughed it out yet. The only thing I still really need is advise on which joystick is the best price/value......
Any suggestions

/ princess auto hydraulics #13  
On my current project I was looking for some 1 inch bore hubs and PA was all out. I went to Canada Bearings, they sent me to their suppliers wharehouse, I searched and found the hub only to hear it would cost me $50. I said forget it and waited till PA had them back in stock. Cost $6.95. I would would not even be on this web site if PA had not been around to allow me inexpensive access to parts to build my projects.

/ princess auto hydraulics #14  
do discount hydraulic etc. ship to canada?

On backhoe, don't forget to have enough weight/anchorage that the hoe doesn't move the chassis rather than the dirt, if you see what I'm saying.

/ princess auto hydraulics #15  
I've bought a few of their red shur-lift cylinders for big farm equipment and they havent been very good and seem to eat a lot of seals . I do have a lot of hoses made there though and they seem ok !

/ princess auto hydraulics #16  
With Princess Auto, you have to go in every week and collect your pieces for several months. That way you can get everything on sale..its so good

Well I cheaped out and bought 4 2" x 12" black princess auto cylinders. I do have a prince 3" x 16" for the main boom. Hopefully they will all be ok.
I could use some advice with best joystick if you guys have any ideas
Thanks James

/ princess auto hydraulics #18  
I presently live in Hamilton but use to work and lived in Cambridge quite a few years ago,I don't think a hydraulic pump was mentioned nor a resivor to store the hydraulic fluid,could be a few more pieces needed as well,unless you already have bought these items,I shouldn't even be commenting here as I know very little about hydraulics,just what I've been told in the last two years from the young guys that work in the hydraulic section at Princes Auto,far as I'm concerned it don't really matter where you buy your hydraulic parts,it's an exspensive venture,but with what your building you need the hydraulics to make it work proper,post some pics if you can.....take care....Ampa.....:thumbsup:

The hydraulic pump is coupled to a 6.5hp gas motor, the pump is a gear pump good from 500 to 4000 rpm, hopefully it will be strong enough for this application. Pics coming soon. First have to weld everything this weekend.
Thanks James

/ princess auto hydraulics #20  
I prefer princess auto to almost anywhere. No question refunds, I returned a steel cutter that was a year old , rusty, and had some holes drilled in it to hold the guard up. No questions! I have bought a lot from there but have probably returned 1/4 of it. When doing hydraulic work, I always buy some extra parts, if not needed I just return. I did buy a bunch from Hydraulic Supply for a large job,which was mostly cheaper but very hard to return by mail over a border.