princess auto hydraulics

/ princess auto hydraulics #1  

jmbrozic

Hi guys
Has anyone tried the hydraulic cylinders at princess auto? I was wondering if they are any good? Also, why are the black ones so much cheaper than the red cylinders(besides the higher psi rating)
thanks james

/ princess auto hydraulics #2  
You got it... the higher the pressure the cylinder is rated at normally the better it is and the more money they want, have run cylinders from PA ,tie rod type, screw cap ends (both black and reds) and have had good luck with them. You need to have the right cylinder for the job. It's a waste of money buying a 3000psi cylinder to open the tailgate on a pump body yet it's a problem buying a tierod cylinder to use as a lift cylinder on the pump body. Shop around though to see if the price at PA is a good one or not, i have bought identical cylinders at some hydraulic repair shops that were cheaper then at PA.

/ princess auto hydraulics #3  
Shop around though to see if the price at PA is a good one or not, i have bought identical cylinders at some hydraulic repair shops that were cheaper then at PA.

I'll second that, I can get valves cheaper (same valve) at Hydraulic Systems, and not $10 cheaper, either. More like 25% cheaper.

Sean

/ princess auto hydraulics
Thanks a ton guys
I am building a towable backhoe, metal work is almost done so I will need cyl soon. I'm in ontario so princess auto is close.....shipping is high to order. Do you guys know of any good places around kitchener,ontario?
Thanks again

/ princess auto hydraulics #5  
With Princess Auto, you have to go in every week and collect your pieces for several months. That way you can get everything on sale. I scored a 6-spool BM40 for $199.99 I collected cylinders for my backhoe that were on sale and then built the backhoe to fit the cylinders. Sounds like you already have your metal work almost done. Good luck.

/ princess auto hydraulics
I'm ready for welding, but I have been holding off until I can get all my cylinders. It's hard to find good cheap cylinders and i'm not sure I trust the chinese ones....

/ princess auto hydraulics #8  
Thanks a ton guys
I am building a towable backhoe, metal work is almost done so I will need cyl soon. I'm in ontario so princess auto is close.....shipping is high to order. Do you guys know of any good places around kitchener,ontario?
Thanks again

what backhoe you going with? i like details!! i'd like to do one someday so im interested in all builds

/ princess auto hydraulics #9  
I have had good luck with Princess Auto hydraulics, but better than that, I have had good luck with Princess Auto. I have probably purchased 20 thousand dollars worth of hydraulics, equipment, engines, trailer parts, tools and surplus junk from them and they have been very fair with the return of any sub-standard or problem purchases. I have found their hydraulic cylinders, spools, fittings and hoses to be trouble free in my experience. Any bad experiences have been with the odd electrical tool out of China, but they have been very reasonable with either refunds or exchange. I would recommend them.

/ princess auto hydraulics #10  
My experience has been much the same. If I need top-quality tools, I usually buy somewhere else, but they're a good under-one-roof store for me to find most things I need around the farm.

Sean