Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default princess auto hydraulics

Hi guys
    Has anyone tried the hydraulic cylinders at princess auto? I was wondering if they are any good? Also, why are the black ones so much cheaper than the red cylinders(besides the higher psi rating)
    thanks james

Default Re: princess auto hydraulics

You got it... the higher the pressure the cylinder is rated at normally the better it is and the more money they want, have run cylinders from PA ,tie rod type, screw cap ends (both black and reds) and have had good luck with them. You need to have the right cylinder for the job. It's a waste of money buying a 3000psi cylinder to open the tailgate on a pump body yet it's a problem buying a tierod cylinder to use as a lift cylinder on the pump body. Shop around though to see if the price at PA is a good one or not, i have bought identical cylinders at some hydraulic repair shops that were cheaper then at PA.

Tractor
    Kubota L3400DT

Quote Originally Posted by glastron23 View Post
    Shop around though to see if the price at PA is a good one or not, i have bought identical cylinders at some hydraulic repair shops that were cheaper then at PA.
    I'll second that, I can get valves cheaper (same valve) at Hydraulic Systems, and not $10 cheaper, either. More like 25% cheaper.

Sean

Thanks a ton guys
    I am building a towable backhoe, metal work is almost done so I will need cyl soon. I'm in ontario so princess auto is close.....shipping is high to order. Do you guys know of any good places around kitchener,ontario?
    Thanks again

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B4200\MF 135\Kubota B3200

With Princess Auto, you have to go in every week and collect your pieces for several months. That way you can get everything on sale. I scored a 6-spool BM40 for $199.99 I collected cylinders for my backhoe that were on sale and then built the backhoe to fit the cylinders. Sounds like you already have your metal work almost done. Good luck.
    Unimogdave

I'm ready for welding, but I have been holding off until I can get all my cylinders. It's hard to find good cheap cylinders and i'm not sure I trust the chinese ones....

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B4200\MF 135\Kubota B3200

I am not sure about the 2500psi cylinders, but the 3000 psi ones I bought from P.A. are North american made.
    Unimogdave

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmbrozic View Post
    Thanks a ton guys
    I am building a towable backhoe, metal work is almost done so I will need cyl soon. I'm in ontario so princess auto is close.....shipping is high to order. Do you guys know of any good places around kitchener,ontario?
    Thanks again

what backhoe you going with? i like details!! i'd like to do one someday so im interested in all builds

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar YM240D / Massey Ferguson 135 / New Holland TN75F / Pasquali 988 and 997 / Goldoni 20A and 226 / Ferrari 76 and 85 / Holder A50 / Valpadana VMC 180 / Long 610 4WD

I have had good luck with Princess Auto hydraulics, but better than that, I have had good luck with Princess Auto. I have probably purchased 20 thousand dollars worth of hydraulics, equipment, engines, trailer parts, tools and surplus junk from them and they have been very fair with the return of any sub-standard or problem purchases. I have found their hydraulic cylinders, spools, fittings and hoses to be trouble free in my experience. Any bad experiences have been with the odd electrical tool out of China, but they have been very reasonable with either refunds or exchange. I would recommend them.

Tractor
    Kubota L3400DT

My experience has been much the same. If I need top-quality tools, I usually buy somewhere else, but they're a good under-one-roof store for me to find most things I need around the farm.

Sean

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast