Converting 3pt snow blower to a quick attach loader blower for Kubota

/ Converting 3pt snow blower to a quick attach loader blower for Kubota #1  

nvr-enuf

Silver Member
Hello everyone,
I have a Kubota b21TLB in which I am in the process of putting on a quick attach system to the front end - made up my mind to go with the ATI attach all system. Regardless, I want to put my kubota 3pt blower onto the front of the tractor. I intend on powering the blower with a 23hp Kawasaki engine mounted to the blower. My challenge is the Kawi should probably spin around 2000 rpm to 2200 rpm to be in the torque curve of the motor but the blower is designed to turn at 540 rpm therefore a pretty significant reduction. I have a 6" pulley (w/ electric clutch) on the engine therefore if I would need a roungly a 20" diameter pulley on the gear box. My question is, does anyone know if I can get a gear box that is designed for a 1000 RPM input - meaning a more reduced gear box? My other thought is to change the gear in the blower and spin the gear box faster. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Lastly, I really do not want to add more pulleys to reduce the final drive.
thanks
scott

/ Converting 3pt snow blower to a quick attach loader blower for Kubota #2  
Would you post a pic of your 3 pt blower?

/ Converting 3pt snow blower to a quick attach loader blower for Kubota
My blower is a BL2660 (kubota Labeled) 3 pt blower. I found some 3pt blowers on the internet that are similar to mine. Nothing special about it.

I have just begun thinking about how to make it work on the front of the tractor.

I am thinking that I may need a gear reduction gear box to get it to work unless someone can show me that other 3pt blowers spin faster than 540 RPM.

The gear box on my unit drives straight thru to power the 2nd stage impeller therefore that is spinning at 1 to 1, the gear box then has a side shaft to drive the 1st stage, that to is 1 to 1.

I think I will be calling the mfg who build the blowers to see if who in the industry sells gear boxes for industrial / tractor applications that can reduce the RPM say 4 to 1. Any suggestions on who makes gear reduction gear boxes would be appreciated.

Hello everyone - I think I have figured out how to solve my issue; I am going to look into a hydraulic pump and motor set up. Will be easy from installation and I can use the hydraulic pump for my log splitter project which is the other use for the engine that I had intended.

/ Converting 3pt snow blower to a quick attach loader blower for Kubota #5  
Do a search for frankenblower. He did what you are talking about.
Bill

/ Converting 3pt snow blower to a quick attach loader blower for Kubota #6  
Check out Michigan Iron and Equipment. They run the hydralic pump off of the pto. Google 'em. Price wasn't too bad, especially since they've got a proven unit.

/ Converting 3pt snow blower to a quick attach loader blower for Kubota #7  
Another option would be to run an intermediate shaft with pullies on it. You would step down in two jumps (or if needed three), not one and avoid trying to find a large pully. A shaft, some pillow block bearings, and some steel would be all you need.

Thanks everyone - I think I am set on the hydraulic set up. 28GPM pump which I will run to provide 16GPM The hydrualic motor to acheive the RPM I desire - slightly faster than 540 :licking:.

I will do a search on the Frankenblower

thanks

SAS

/ Converting 3pt snow blower to a quick attach loader blower for Kubota #9  
Thanks everyone - I think I am set on the hydraulic set up. 28GPM pump which I will run to provide 16GPM The hydrualic motor to acheive the RPM I desire - slightly faster than 540 :licking:.

I will do a search on the Frankenblower

thanks

SAS

OUCH!!!! Rule of thumb 1HP @ 1500psi per GPM.
I guess the 23 hp was not for tractor.