cable operated dump trailer

/ cable operated dump trailer #1  

Army grunt

Platinum Member
Tractor
TC 30 Newholland
I am using a 12 volt winch to rase my dump trailer. Thought i would share.
Army Grunt

Attachments

• IMG_3219.jpg
    IMG_3219.jpg
    564 KB · Views: 21,710
  • IMG_3220.jpg
    IMG_3220.jpg
    483.8 KB · Views: 9,778
   / cable operated dump trailer #2  
Interesting, the frame looks good so far. I'm curious how your going to get the cable to lift the dump. Are you going to mount the winch high or have a single pulley mounted high with the winch line running over it...?

/ cable operated dump trailer #3  
Or have the winch on the tongue and pull forward on the hoist linkage?

/ cable operated dump trailer #4  
In the first picture you can see the cable hooked thru and eye so my guess would be he will have a bar sticking up with a pulley on top.

Since you plan to use a winch, why did you add a scissor hinge? Is it for stability or to allow for hydraulics in the future?

/ cable operated dump trailer #5  
I wonder if the cable will be attached or run through the center post of the scissors hinge, that would make it lift if the winch was mounted on the tongue, pending the angle used.

/ cable operated dump trailer #6  
I am using a 12 volt winch to rase my dump trailer. Thought i would share.
Army Grunt

I LOVE your hinges. That's my kind of design creativity.

The trailer looks well engineered. I too am eager to hear your reasoning for the scissor mechanism in the middle. It looks like you made provisions for future improvements with that bracket on the side too.

Please keep us all posted on your progress. This looks like it will be a good build.

/ cable operated dump trailer
The scissor hinge was for a hydrolick set up from a old Tommie lift, it was really bad a didn't have enough through. so i am going to pull from the center pin with the winch. i am building a gang(3 to 2) block an tackle to accept 14" cable I am using 3" pulleys for this. Today I plan on sawing up a oak log for the trailer floor an sides.A friend is working on the tailgate trip.Time is a factor I leave to go to long island to get a "Veterans Service Dog" in a week or so.So Ill be stopping again.Its very close to taking over to his shop an sandblasting it.Ill more as time goes on,Tks. for the interest.
Army Grunt

/ cable operated dump trailer #8  
I LIKE IT !!! Looks like you cut apart something else to make the trailer and that earns you a brownie point in my book.

Just an idea. You might want to add some sort of a stop to the scissor mechanism so you would not pull it too far and over to the other side. That could result in a trailer bed come crashing down onto the frame. I would guess that it will be a slow lift with the 3 to 2 block and tackle but still it does not hurt to be careful.

easygo
Almost everything is "recycled" on the trailer.
yes a stop is planned, all i was going to do is put a short length of chain to stop any over pull.tks for input
Army Grunt

I sawed a clear red oak log up into the planking I plan on using for the floor an sides of my dump tr.
Army Grunt

Attachments

• IMG_3235.jpg
    IMG_3235.jpg
    788 KB · Views: 2,294