Where can I get 1-1/4 Material for Bucket pin

/ Where can I get 1-1/4 Material for Bucket pin #1  

racerboy832

Silver Member
Tractor
Deutz Allis 5220 w FEL and Backhoe
I'm adding a pin on thumb for my backhoe. I need to get about 16" of solid 1-1/4 material for a new pin. Any suggestions where I can buy it reasonable? I was thinking of a cylinder shop but the guys around here think it's gold.

/ Where can I get 1-1/4 Material for Bucket pin #3  
Any metal supply warehouse should have what you need...I know that the one in my area has all sizes of metal rod diffferent graded such as mild steel e.t.c...check some of these places out.....Ampa

Last edited:
   / Where can I get 1-1/4 Material for Bucket pin #5  
I was thinking of a cylinder shop but the guys around here think it's gold.

Ask them to sell you a good used piece for pin stock (what's scrap/junk for them is gold for you)...it will be a higher quality steel than you can buy in most steel houses.....If they make enough rods they'll be swimming in scrap...

Their new stuff is Gold to them, well at least chrome plated....:thumbsup:

/ Where can I get 1-1/4 Material for Bucket pin #6  
I'm adding a pin on thumb for my backhoe. I need to get about 16" of solid 1-1/4 material for a new pin. Any suggestions where I can buy it reasonable? I was thinking of a cylinder shop but the guys around here think it's gold.

You may try filling out your profile as well. Like where you are located.

Who knows, maybe a fellow member on here is a neighbor of yours and has something laying around that he may give you or sell you cheap.

I know if you were anywhere near me, I could hook you up with somthing that would work. If not, I know quite a few steel and fab shops in the area that sell cuttings or anything in their dumpster for scrap price. And they usually consider anything under 4-5 foot scrap:D

/ Where can I get 1-1/4 Material for Bucket pin #7  
I am interested to know how you are building this that requires a 16" pin. 1 1/4 pin is quite common and I have purchased them from Princess Auto but the longest is 8 inches. Did you need 16" because your going to cut it up?

/ Where can I get 1-1/4 Material for Bucket pin
I think the existing pin is about 10 inches, need a little extra for the thumb, washers and cotterpins. 16" will give me some to spare.

/ Where can I get 1-1/4 Material for Bucket pin #9  
I like SPEEDYMETALS.COM myself

/ Where can I get 1-1/4 Material for Bucket pin #10  
I can definitly vouch for rod stock to make making pis as they are case hardened. I got a good bit when I worked for a hydraulics shop as a machiist i the cylinder shop. I also pick up bad ones at the scrap yard. I have a set o my 1200 pound excavators stiff leg and on some other projects.