Need idea for toolbar

/ Need idea for toolbar #1  

diggerjim

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar 2220D
Hi I would appreciate some info on a toolbar, I need occasional rippers, been thinking of modifing a chisel plow. Like the idea of a toolbar for several jobs. Does anyone have something built that is capable of multiple uses?

IH B414, Yanmar 2220D, Not nearly enough attachments.

/ Need idea for toolbar #2  
I have an adapter for the 3 pt. that allows me to tow trailers. The cross piece is tube steel of the same size used for hitch receivers. The end pieces are 3/4 " plate. The working part is a short receiver that was welded on the top of the cross piece with 3" channel uprights (top link attaches to a pin that passes through the channels) on either side welded to both the cross piece and the receiver.

The unit is heavy enough that I've been thinking about making an insert so it can be used as a subsoiler. If you look at tillage equipment you'll see a common design using several tube steel cross pieces that lets the user attach a variety of chisels, sweeps, coulters, etc. and allow adjustment for the spacing needed.

/ Need idea for toolbar #3  
I've been kicking around building one similar to boxblade w/o
the box.
I want to rip up dirt before tilling (easier on tiller).
I have a KK boxblade so I will use those rippers, it could also
have place for cutivator sweeps and subsoiler mount.

/ Need idea for toolbar #4  
would something like this work witout pipe. not my Idea was saved from another post. I will make one of these this winter for myself.

Attachments

• 53-206546-single_tyne_ripper.jpg
    53-206546-single_tyne_ripper.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 530
   / Need idea for toolbar
Darren
Thanks for the info. I was wanting to build one of these 3-pt. hitches this winter. I found some pics in another post, looks very useful.

/ Need idea for toolbar
Hoeman00
This is what I was kicking around too. Something heavier than a hitch that might accomodate a/several rippers. But before I start I wanted to see if someone had a better idea. I don't have a box blade yet but I have been looking. I might even adapt it for my backhoe for the really tough stuff, like roots. A cutter attachment should work faster. If you come up with a drawing I would like to see it. Thanx.

/ Need idea for toolbar
Steven
Yes that would work, but I was thinking of interchangability. What "HP" requirement would that need? Any idea? thanx.

/ Need idea for toolbar #8  
Not sure of the horse power requirements. whith one blade it should not be that much, I only have a bx22 tlb. as for a backhoe attachment ripper I just finished one myself. I do not have a digital camera but drew up a 3d solid of what i made. the cutting edge is 18 " x 5" x 1"thick. spacers are 4.5"square x 1.5" thick. mounting plates are 1/2" thick. I face hardened the cutting edge with weld and ground sharp by hand. goes on the backhoe after removing bucket. I made this for cutting tree roots when pulling stumps.

Attachments

• 53-206575-ripper.jpg
    53-206575-ripper.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 438
   / Need idea for toolbar
Thanx Steven
I will make one of these this winter. May try to see if I can get two or three rippers in as I have a full size case hoe.

/ Need idea for toolbar
Hoeman00
Just for clarification, I was wondering if the area around the inserts needed beefing up a bit. They look like they would be the first thing to go in a bind. I may use this on the 50 hp as well as the compact, depends how stubburn the resistance. Most of the box blade main beams I have seen are just square tubing, looks weak, perhaps a added plate top and bottom would be more bulletproof.