Making an older skid steer 'auto stop'

/ Making an older skid steer 'auto stop' #11  
First I'd look at lateral adjustments. Get a service manual and usually you can do it yourself. It's pretty simple in theory. Other than that then shut the machine off. SS are just not as safe as tractors to be able to be able to get out with them running. I have an older Bobcat 742B and the parking brake is shot on it. I'll get around to fixing it eventually but until then because mine creeps a little also I just shut it off to get out.

Good luck.

/ Making an older skid steer 'auto stop' #12  
In the mid 70's I worked at a place w/ a Case Uni-loader. They did not have any sort of brake. The drive used two clutch mechanisms on each side for forward and reverse using chains between the output and to the drive wheels.

The engine drove a two speed [hi-lo] gearbox with the output split right & left, no hydraulics for propulsion...

It was herky & jerky to drive and you had to put the bucket on the ground to hold the machine when you got out.

It was still a neat machine, would turn in it's own length and the more you used it, the smoother you could operate it.

I remember backing out of the shop and letting it freewheel down the slope & pushing both sticks forward to pop a wheelie, letting off on the side where you wanted to go and it would swivel around while still on the back wheels...

/ Making an older skid steer 'auto stop'
Do you guys know where I could still get parts for these? The master cylinder (brake) is junk. Totally rusted. It's erickson part # 27029 and I can't seem to find one online.

-- Joe

/ Making an older skid steer 'auto stop' #14  
dont know if you still have the cl340 that you asked why it rolls in neutral it should not roll this means your drive motors are gone does it jump when you push levers to dive forward i need parts i have drive motors you can call for more info grover 603 6622577 excetas@yahoo.com

/ Making an older skid steer 'auto stop' #15  
Did you tract down a replacement master cylinder for your 340?
I just purchased one and the MC is bad. Not having much luck with the Erickson part #.

Thanks

/ Making an older skid steer 'auto stop' #16  
Did you tract down a replacement master cylinder for your 340?
I just purchased one and the MC is bad. Not having much luck with the Erickson part #.

Thanks

The date on the earlier posts are 3 years old

/ Making an older skid steer 'auto stop' #18  
Hello so I have a new to me cl340 and one side does not lock up (left). I found a used motor I was told was good and put it in but it still free wheels on that side and I am wondering if its something else like the control valve that allows the fluid through the motor. When I'm moving forward or backwards with both levers engaged and I put the left side in neutral it still moves basically straight but makes a winding sound like fluid is being forced through...

Any thoughts?