Snow plow in the bucket

/ Snow plow in the bucket #1  

bill177

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC2300
I use a Snow Wolf plow on my Tahoe. Nothing fancy, electric wench for up/down and a pull pin for angles. Has done a great job on a number of vehicles for 20 years. We average 200 inches a year here in upstate NY.

Just for grins, I drove the bucket under the plow mount and it fit nicely. Ran a couple of chains from the top of the plow to snatch hooks on the top of the bucket. The snow blade is about 18 inches in front of the bucket bottom edge.

I added a few hundred pounds of weight to the back of the tractor. I am using a GC2300 with 4WD and loaded AG tires. The plow is 7' wide. Traction going up a steep hill may be an issue that was not present with the 6000 pound Tahoe (regular tires). I don't plow going up hill - only down.

So far it has worked nicely for straight plowing, not sure what it will do when angled. It my push the tractor around from the angle/leverage.

I can plow my 200 foot paved driveway and 40x80 parking area in about 15 minutes. The rig is very agile - much more than the Tahoe.

Total cost was $10 for a couple of hooks and links of chain.

This was way too easy - what am I missing?

/ Snow plow in the bucket #2  
Bill
Here is my setup. This has worked GREAT and I do not have issues with traction. I usually push left or right and then clean up in straight position. the bucket supports most of the plow weight but the chain picks up about 10% of the load. This setup was totally built in my shop with leftover plate I had

/ Snow plow in the bucket #3  
Pics did not attach. Thing I forgot to say is you can pile snow really high with this setup1

Attachments

• PC080102.jpg
    PC080102.jpg
    413.7 KB · Views: 984
  • PC080101.jpg
    PC080101.jpg
    500.2 KB · Views: 1,369
   / Snow plow in the bucket #4  
Bill177
Hey if it works!Great easy setup,I would think the tractor will work better than a Tahoe because of the tires and gearing,plus its easier on the tractor plowing than a $40,000 Tahoe.I use a Fel mounted plow,my tractor weights 6500 lbs.,it doesn't get pushed around.
I am north of upstate,St.Lawrence Co.,we don't get the snow like central NY.

/ Snow plow in the bucket #5  
WHAT..no pics to share Bill. ;)

Your gonner like the setup alot,more so when as winter comes..pile the snow high..plus couple mins. you'll have use of bucket again.

If you can,when 45ing plow try and have back of plow against bucket for support..also watch out for mailbox. :(

/ Snow plow in the bucket #6  
My first message----I'm taking my tc35 n.holland to a welder fri and he came up with welding 2 tabs into mid-bucket, where he can pin bottom swivel plate/blade and blade can be swung either way when hydraulic hose is open...no power req'd!! gonna hit me $500., but beats after market $2000+ !!! my next question is, will I most likely need some type of rear weight, esp. with new weight out past front of loader?? I saw photo of similar setup and they had tire chains on fron:confused2:t tires only. Anyone with data on whether this is all thats needed for traction??? it would be cheaper that putting on rear tires!!!

/ Snow plow in the bucket #7  
Welcome to TBN. :)
Do you live in snow belt?
Distance etc. to plow.
Plow inclines/slopes?
How wide of plow?

I've heard more bad about putting tire chains on front than good over years,but than again some service techs say "if you run front tire chains don't run rear tire chains.

Have you consider loading your tires,if so and your have rear blade try the combo.

/ Snow plow in the bucket #8  
r.e. your question about running chains on the front tires only - I've run chains on the fronts only on my tractor for 12 years now. I plow a 1/4 mile long driveway here in Northern Vt. I've pushed a lot of snow (2 feet of it this week!). Never had a problem.

Corm

/ Snow plow in the bucket #9  
Yesc you will need some rear weight. I have a 250lbs cube that i put into my backhoe bucket and that counterweight works good and reduces the amount of weight on the front axel

I made the weight custom to fit the bucket cleanly

/ Snow plow in the bucket #10  
thanx guys!!..........headed now to have welds done. gonna ask for 55 gal drum w/ cover to be placed on back..maybe weld bracket to side barrel and attach to arms, and possibly a plate in bottom with tacked bolt thru to hitch, and slip in tubes of sand, whatever will fit. Gonna order front only chains also. I'm here just south of center of Lake ontario in N.Y. So I'm a little versed in snow THIS WEEK!!!!Can't wait 12 days until winter FINALLY arrives!!!!!

Steve B