excavator ripper tooth steel type?

/ excavator ripper tooth steel type? #11  
Home was in a rock pile, part of my land still is. Digging rock out, in some cases 6 feet in diameter with a Case backhoe I went through too many backhoe teeth. I have also long had a wet dream of long teeth able to penetrate the surface of the ground 5 inches deep, and root out small rocks leaving top soil behind. I think because I've been told that backhoe teeth are made of high manganese steel. It "work hardens" the more impact it receives the more abrasion resistant it gets. My efforts to weld on extensions to worn teeth weren't fully successful. The welds held well, but eventually the blade material breaks. I've only used materials I found in a scrap pile. Perhaps better steel is available.
Years ago, before I owned a backhoe, I made a three point ripper from a Ditch Witch plow. The tooth was a backhoe tooth with a shank made for repair of a broken bucket. It worked as well as the tractor could pull and lift. With some persistence I was able to root out 3' diameter boulders. It never broke or wore out.
You will need to pre heat, I used manganese electrodes, expensive, but incredible. They work as hard facing, or welding rod. You better plan on not having to grind this weld.

/ excavator ripper tooth steel type? #12  
I'm in the market for one too, but finding a use one is problematic. Big bucks for a ripper off a excavator. All the farm chisels come in multiples so that won't work either.