building a arch gate

/ building a arch gate #31  
pic of one of my gates

Attachments

• P0000054.jpg
    P0000054.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 375
   / building a arch gate
I found that site with google. Its what turned my light on to finding something to put on my gate. I thought I would try local to see if I could just get a few quickly. Well I found the ones I wanted but they wanted 4.00 each, so I order from king for .25 each. my whole order shipped was 55 bucks. That gives me enough to build the 3 matching gates for the back yard. Funny thing is I would bet almost anything they are getting them from Kingmetals as well. They are identical spear. I might have even paid 2 bucks a piece but holy crap that is total robbery.

/ building a arch gate
Oh and on another note, when building something like this it is always best to get all your parts together before starting or know exactly how you are going to finish it all. I made the mistake of guess how much room I was going to need for my hinges because I was not sure what system I was going to use. Well I found a nice system but after going to work getting them mounted I now do not have enough room to do any adjustments:ashamed::mur::mur:
so now I have to cut the ends off and reweld them on. I could do only one but not sure I want to take the chance it is visible the spacing difference. As it is there is going to be some difference anyway. I need about an inch more. I just turned the lights off and left the shop.

/ building a arch gate #35  
wldrbob - very handsome gate, the pony must be proud.
jim

/ building a arch gate #36  
Look up King Metal. They sale all this pre punched. They also have arches. Not that expensive either.

/ building a arch gate #37  
On a droid and didn't see someone had already suggested King. Very easy to deal with.

/ building a arch gate
Well I finally finished these gates and installed them

CypressCounty-20110310-00007.jpg

CypressCounty-20110310-00008.jpg