small backhoe

/ small backhoe #21  
Hi Bill, based upon the little square boxes in your reply, I assume you're using some type of word processor to compose your replies? If so, this information from CBN might help.

Change curly quotes to straight quotes and vice versa. Microsoft Word automatically changes straight quotation marks to curly quotes as you type. You might not want curly quotes in some cases, for example, if you're using quotation marks to designate feet and inches. To turn this feature on or off:

On the Tools menu, click AutoCorrect, and then click the AutoFormat As You Type tab.

Under Replace as you type, select or clear the "Straight quotes" with "smart quotes" check box.

Note: You can find and replace all instances of single or double curly quotes with straight quotes in your document. To do this, clear the "Straight quotes" with "smart quotes" check box on the AutoFormat As You Type tab. On the Edit menu, click Replace. In both the Find what and Replace with boxes, type ' or ", and then click Find Next or Replace All.

To replace all straight quotes with curly quotes, select the "Straight quotes" with "smart quotes" check box, and repeat the find and replace procedure.

/ small backhoe #22  
Hi Mike and all,

I had seen that post CBN a few days ago and did what it advised...

Funny thing is that we have three computers here [Old one of mine, wife's new one, and a lap top] and my post appears different depending upon which computer I view it on.

THat post above looks totally normal on my wife's computer, which is running XP. BUT on this laptop I am using now ...[also XP]...it is not right, and has some boxes like you are probably seeing /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

I will take a look and make sure I did make the changes to MS Word on the wife's computer since she is out of town and I have been using her's more often than normal...

Not sure what the old box upstairs will display, but probably the same as what you are seeing...

Using the word processor, to get the spelling right, is not too good if when it is all done it is messed up anyway...

/w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

Bill

/ small backhoe #23  
Well, I checked MS Word again...and found there are actually two tabs under which settings apparently need changed. These are:

"Auto format as you type"

"Auto format"

I had changed setting under the "Auto format as you type" tab, but not under the "Auto format" tab. Now settings under both tabs are changed...

Hopefully, no more boxes!!!

I am typing this in MS Word, and will now cut and paste over to the TBN screen. Sorry to waste the space here, but I think this info could be useful to others here.....If it works, that is /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Bill

/ small backhoe #24  
I think it worked, Bill. I'm seeing the little boxes also, in the earlier posts but not the last one, and this is a desktop computer running XP.

/ small backhoe #26  
Nice job.. my Dad has a cub-cadet that's almost as old as me.. pushing 40.. it's still going strong. I was wondering if the weight capacity of the front axles is a safety concern w/ the FEL loaded.. I know the weight is distributed to all fours.. what is the max load for the front tires. If my Dad had those attachments back then.. he probably would have never come inside.

/ small backhoe
Ken,
i modified the front spindles using the existing spindle brackets but replacing the spindles with 1" and using 4 bolt trailer hubs with tapered roller bearings. then i picked up some 4 bolt hubs and used my existing 4 ply tires with tubes. i estimate the carrying capacity at 1000 lbs.
i have pics of the project as well as part numbers and suppliers listed if you are interested. here is a link to my site... P.F. Engineering click on "photo page" for the spindle upgrade pics.

Attachments

• 254654-6spindle with hub.jpg
    254654-6spindle with hub.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 720
   / small backhoe
i've updated the pics of the Micro hoe, thought some of you may be interested.... Micro Hoe

Attachments

• 273883-BHL_4.jpg
    273883-BHL_4.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 939
   / small backhoe #29  
pnfz,

What a great looking machine! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Gee...you're close enough to me that I could attend a "show" if you ever decide to display it. Real nice work.

You seem to be very handy with the metal work. I can't help but notice that with the loader up that high, that tractor is probably going to be pretty tippy. Have you thought about fabricating a ROPS for the tractor? Not sure if it's possible on that unit, but it seems like you did the "unprobable" with it already...so why not try the "impossible"?

Again, great work and thanks for the pics.

~Rick

/ small backhoe #30  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( i've updated the pics of the Micro hoe, thought some of you may be interested.... Micro Hoe )</font>

Nice job. Have you thought about a ROPS for that bad boy? (FEL work might be more "comforting" with one on the machine...) The challenge might be mounting one to the frame to insure it's sturdy.