Forklift

/ Forklift #1  

BSims66173

Tractor
Mahindra 4110 4x4
Just wanted to post a pic of the forklift attachment I made for my loader. The forks are just made from 4" channel and I expect them to give some. The frame is made of 4" channel and 3/8" plate. It took a good bit of tourch work and welding but I finished it today. Tried it out today and was suprised at how well it did. Moved some 3' x 20' metal roofing that had been covered with kool seal. Each sheet weighs between 50 to 80 pounds. I moved between 5 to 10 pieces at a time and nothing broke. Anymore than that and it would lift the rear of the tractor. I am real pleased with how they perform and I built them for less than $75.00. Not bad for an ole country boy from Alabama.

Attachments

• 53-210830-MVC-781F.jpg
    53-210830-MVC-781F.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 755
   / Forklift
Didn't get the pic attached on the first post. Sorry. Here is a side view.

Attachments

• 53-210832-MVC-782F.jpg
    53-210832-MVC-782F.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 492
   / Forklift
One more sort of from the rear. Also during the process of building the forks, I made my bucket a quick detach so it would be a little easier to change from bucket to forks and back. You can see the pin on this side close to the bottom on the fork.

Attachments

• 53-210834-MVC-783F.jpg
    53-210834-MVC-783F.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 423
   / Forklift #4  
If you box the back side of the forks with either 1/4 or 3/8 flat stock, you'll increase the strength considerably, and eliminate a lot of flex.

/ Forklift #5  
Very nice job! Considering to buy a new set of forks for a skidsteer is about $400 sounds like u did ok!! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Forklift #6  
Wow Really Nice! Can you start an order form,
Gerald, Franz needs one too heehee
033102beer_1_prv.gif

/ Forklift #7  
Nice job. Here is a picture of one I made for my 3 pt hitch. I made it out of 3/4 inch steel and it gives a bit two but will hold 4 railroad ties okay.

Attachments

• 53-210977-tractor.jpg
    53-210977-tractor.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 393
   / Forklift #8  
You have any pictures to post of the quick detach system you made???

I have a bucket, pallet forks an snow plow FEL mounted. The bucket an forks
are no big problem but the snow plow takes a crew if it's not perfectly level...

/ Forklift #9  
Very good idea, nice need job. how much can you lift without rearing up, the forks look quite sturdy?

/ Forklift
Gunfighter, I don't have any pics but will take some and post. Basically what I did was cut the mounting brackets off the bucket and welded a spacer plate between them and a 1" piece of cold roll across the top. Then I made hooks and welded them to the bucket and the forklift. Welded some plates on the bottom for the pins to line up with and that was it. I 'll get some pics tomorrow and you will see what i mean.