Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tractor
    Mahindra 4110 4x4

Default Forklift

Just wanted to post a pic of the forklift attachment I made for my loader. The forks are just made from 4" channel and I expect them to give some. The frame is made of 4" channel and 3/8" plate. It took a good bit of tourch work and welding but I finished it today. Tried it out today and was suprised at how well it did. Moved some 3' x 20' metal roofing that had been covered with kool seal. Each sheet weighs between 50 to 80 pounds. I moved between 5 to 10 pieces at a time and nothing broke. Anymore than that and it would lift the rear of the tractor. I am real pleased with how they perform and I built them for less than $75.00. Not bad for an ole country boy from Alabama.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    Mahindra 4110 4x4

Default Re: Forklift

Didn't get the pic attached on the first post. Sorry. Here is a side view.

Tractor
    Mahindra 4110 4x4

One more sort of from the rear. Also during the process of building the forks, I made my bucket a quick detach so it would be a little easier to change from bucket to forks and back. You can see the pin on this side close to the bottom on the fork.

If you box the back side of the forks with either 1/4 or 3/8 flat stock, you'll increase the strength considerably, and eliminate a lot of flex.

Tractor
    Kubota L2500DT w/FEL

Very nice job! Considering to buy a new set of forks for a skidsteer is about $400 sounds like u did ok!! [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Wow Really Nice! Can you start an order form,
    Gerald, Franz needs one too heehee

Tractor
    Kubota B7500

Nice job. Here is a picture of one I made for my 3 pt hitch. I made it out of 3/4 inch steel and it gives a bit two but will hold 4 railroad ties okay.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 790, Steiner 230, IH 340U, Farmall Super C, Farmall C, IH Cub Cadet, Wheel Horse 8.75

You have any pictures to post of the quick detach system you made???

I have a bucket, pallet forks an snow plow FEL mounted. The bucket an forks
    are no big problem but the snow plow takes a crew if it's not perfectly level...

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    PT425, Kubota L2050, 3 hydrostatic Exmark mowers. Z21D Kubota ZTR, 2 Kunz acrease wing mowers, 1 rough cut kunz mower, one vintage grasshopper ztr, one vintage gravely ztr, various large garden tracto

Very good idea, nice need job. how much can you lift without rearing up, the forks look quite sturdy?

Tractor
    Mahindra 4110 4x4

Gunfighter, I don't have any pics but will take some and post. Basically what I did was cut the mounting brackets off the bucket and welded a spacer plate between them and a 1" piece of cold roll across the top. Then I made hooks and welded them to the bucket and the forklift. Welded some plates on the bottom for the pins to line up with and that was it. I 'll get some pics tomorrow and you will see what i mean.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast