hay wagon floor build

/ hay wagon floor build
That is the same running gear that I bought years ago. I used a 9 foot long 2X6 for the runners on mine

how did you anchor the 2x6's to the frame?

/ hay wagon floor build #12  
That is the same running gear that I bought years ago. I used a 9 foot long 2X6 for the runners on mine

how did you anchor the 2x6's to the frame?

There was a tab standing up with a hole drilled in it, welded to each corner just a few inches away from each tire. I had to use a 2X6 on edge to get enough height for the floor to clear the tires.

Your question about which way to run the floor boards, I guess it would be mostly personal preference with this size of wagon. I ran mine front to back but most of the hayracks I remember as a kid the floor ran side to side. They let more of the hay chaff fall through the cracks making the floor not as slick to walk on.

/ hay wagon floor build #13  
Just don't do what one of my Uncles did. Nice new wagon bed and 2 coats of white enamel. Like trying to stack hay on ice skates. Took several seasons to wear it down enough to get a toe hold.

/ hay wagon floor build #14  
Just don't do what one of my Uncles did. Nice new wagon bed and 2 coats of white enamel. Like trying to stack hay on ice skates. Took several seasons to wear it down enough to get a toe hold.

If I was going to paint a wagon floor, I would mix white sand in the paint. Ken Sweet

/ hay wagon floor build #15  
We build our wagons only attaching two corners diagonal from each other. For example the right front and left rear. This allows them to flex more in ditches and ruts without snapping. I have also seen wagons roped, chained or cabled loosely the the corners that aren't attached. Good luck
-hwstem