Utility/Cattle Trailer

/ Utility/Cattle Trailer #1  

dj59red

Tractor
Allis WD, Ford 9N, Case 400
I am looking to build a utility trailer but a couple of time a year I need to haul a steer or calves but can't justify the cost of a stock trailer. Has anyone built a box so to say to mount on the utility trailer to convert it to a stock trailer. Thanks, DJ

/ Utility/Cattle Trailer #2  
the red unit is a stock rack for a goose neck trailer and the others are for a pickup box stock rack,

make sure there tied bolted down or on,

Attachments

• DSCF1019_ezr.jpg
    DSCF1019_ezr.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 4,993
  • size.jpg
    size.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 6,668
  • rack6.jpg
    rack6.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 4,234
   / Utility/Cattle Trailer #3  
here are two more actual stock trailers that are not much more than a utility trailer with a cage built on it, the red one is shop built the black is a manufactured unit,

Attachments

• titan-cattle-trailer-2.jpg
    titan-cattle-trailer-2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 3,713
  • 160101.jpg
    160101.jpg
    784.1 KB · Views: 5,309
   / Utility/Cattle Trailer #4  
If you have a utility trailer you could use portable panels that come in either 5' x 10' or 6' x 10' and with a little bit of modification you could turn a utility trailer into a pretty nice stock trailer.

/ Utility/Cattle Trailer #5  
I am looking to build a utility trailer but a couple of time a year I need to haul a steer or calves but can't justify the cost of a stock trailer. Has anyone built a box so to say to mount on the utility trailer to convert it to a stock trailer. Thanks, DJ
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Too bad we're so far apart in miles.. Several years ago I had the same thing in mind and built a tandem axle trailer to haul concrete blocks and double as a stock trailer. It has never hauled a block or livestock. Just sets in the garage and takes up space.

Last edited:
   / Utility/Cattle Trailer
Would you have any pictures of the trailer.
Dennis

/ Utility/Cattle Trailer #7  
If you have a utility trailer you could use portable panels that come in either 5' x 10' or 6' x 10' and with a little bit of modification you could turn a utility trailer into a pretty nice stock trailer.

I helped a buddy do that once.
We welded rings onto the trailer that would stay in place, got a couple of the 16' stock panels from TSC and welded posts to them.
When you need a stock trailer you just slip the posts into the rings and tie down the panel to the trailer.
Same thing on the front and back except that we didn't put post and rings, we just used pins for the regular rings that come on a stock panel.

/ Utility/Cattle Trailer #8  
the red unit is a stock rack for a goose neck trailer and the others are for a pickup box stock rack,

make sure there tied bolted down or on,
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh how those pickup stock racks bring back memories of loading and un-loading. And then a neighbor ask me to help him with a set he had borrowed. Rather than pipe construction they were built using sucker rod. I bet they weighed nearly a thousand pounds.

/ Utility/Cattle Trailer #9  
Hay..the red cattle rack/slide in type, is what I am looking for. I have a 16 ft gooseneck dump trailer...71 in inside width. Who makes these? I ask about them, and everyone looks at me like I'm crazy. Thanks for any info

/ Utility/Cattle Trailer #10  
Hay..the red cattle rack/slide in type, is what I am looking for. I have a 16 ft gooseneck dump trailer...71 in inside width. Who makes these? I ask about them, and everyone looks at me like I'm crazy. Thanks for any info
----------------------------------------------------------------------
On occasion 16 foot stock racks that were used 50 years ago in farm trucks can be found abandon out back in the weeds and sometimes appear at auctions. Sixteen ft. was common for single axle trucks in those days. You could modify the width or maybe have a shop do the work if it was too wide.
An add for stock racks in the classified section might turn up something.