My recently finish tree scoop bucket

/ My recently finish tree scoop bucket
What would you say the diameter of the scoop is? Pipe sounds really good and if you can find it used could reduce the cost alot.

Richard

It's around 45 inches I believe... can't remember exactly and don't have the plans in front of me.

Yes you could use pipe if you can find it. I didn't feel like hunting any down. I still saved a bunch by making myself.

/ My recently finish tree scoop bucket #12  
Cool, Thanks. I was thinking in terms of about 36". I don't know if my SS could push something larger in the hard soil I've got here.

Cool, Thanks. I was thinking in terms of about 36". I don't know if my SS could push something larger in the hard soil I've got here.

How much does it weigh?

/ My recently finish tree scoop bucket #14  
My SS weighs abit over 5000lbs. My soil has a lot of rocks and is very hard in alot of areas. I will be working to remove some medium sized cedars trees.

/ My recently finish tree scoop bucket #15  
I have a similar shovel bucket I use on my Bobcat. Trenching and planting trees are its primary uses. Bought it over the interwebs from a fab shop up in MI or WI. I have no problem making a nice hole with a slice on opposite directions. I've got 24" of topsoil on top of loose-ish clay. No rocks. She slides in easy.

I think I paid $450 maybe 5 or 6 years ago. It's earned its keep many times over planting hundreds of B&B trees on my windbreak and around the house.

/ My recently finish tree scoop bucket #16  
I have a stump bucket and it has paid for itself, also. It's the best bush transplanting tool since the backhoe. Good for making footers and such for buildings, too.

My SS weighs abit over 5000lbs. My soil has a lot of rocks and is very hard in alot of areas. I will be working to remove some medium sized cedars trees.

There's some commerical stump buckets (tree scoops) available that have a more rectangular shape. They normally also have digging teeth attached to them.... similar to a backhoe bucket. That set-up may work better for you. Your skid steer is certainlly heavy enough to push a bucket into the ground.

/ My recently finish tree scoop bucket #18  
I have a similar shovel bucket I use on my Bobcat. Trenching and planting trees are its primary uses. Bought it over the interwebs from a fab shop up in MI or WI. I have no problem making a nice hole with a slice on opposite directions. I've got 24" of topsoil on top of loose-ish clay. No rocks. She slides in easy.

I think I paid $450 maybe 5 or 6 years ago. It's earned its keep many times over planting hundreds of B&B trees on my windbreak and around the house.

I found the place where I got it....

Dirtworks Tree Shovel (Spade Nose): Bobcat Skid Steer Attachment or Tractor Attachment

The finish has held up really well over the years. The price has certainly gone up, but I'd still buy it today if I was facing the tree installs I've had to do single-handed over the past several years. i put some friction tape on those steps to make it a bit safer climbing into the cab over the bucket.

/ My recently finish tree scoop bucket #19  
I've seen the other styles also. Still looking at whether I want to build one myself or get one. I've seen them on the web for about $450 also.