Anyone ever build a row hipper?

/ Anyone ever build a row hipper? #1  

chickenhead

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota M59 TLB, Kubota L3300
Just curious if anyone has used some scrap to build a row hipper or row builder? I've seen some other post on here about some. Looks like agrisupply carries all you would need. Just curious if anyone has done it and how much cash you have in your project and if you have any pics?

/ Anyone ever build a row hipper? #2  
Can you explain what it does exactly? My question points out that I obviously have never built one but I'm not sure what you mean. Is it like a hiller to make raised beds or raised rows like they grown potatoes under?:confused:

Last edited:
   / Anyone ever build a row hipper?
Yeah it's just a bed hiller just like you would use to build a mound down a row to plant taters.

/ Anyone ever build a row hipper? #4  
I built one;bought a cultivator fromTSC($150.00 or so),removed the center two springs,added the hiller disc(AGRI SUPPLY).I can removed and use the cultivator as intended.Note in picture;disc should be reversed from the way I built it ,but it works fine for making rows in the garden.I think AGRI SUPPLY sells a complete unit,or build your own from their parts.

/ Anyone ever build a row hipper? #5  
Yes

I visited a junk yard for farm equipment and bought 10' of 4" x 7" John Deere tool bar, the U bolts, and several sections of real hipper. I use a Speeco quick hitch, so I also of course made the hipper so I can just back up, lift, and it is attached.

My tractor is a M6800. You may need something smaller.

The tool bar was $7 per foot, the hipper sections were $35 each.

At one time I wanted a tiller. Now I just disk, and use the hipper. I guess that is why the farmers do it they way. They already know.

Attachments

• HIPPER.jpg
    HIPPER.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 1,755
I found the shanks a d the discs or wheels to use, but I'm not finding the brackets to mount the shanks to the tool bar or whatever you want to use.

I could weld the shanks straight to the tool bar but then you wouldn't be able to rotate the disc If you need to change the angle. Any ideas for other ways of mounting the shanks?

I dot have a tool bar. I have 3pt hay spike that I never use that I could use.