Home Depot Closing a Store in New Orleans

/ Home Depot Closing a Store in New Orleans #1  

Just Bill

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L 3400DT
Hello
Home Depot is closing the store Gentilly #348 4700 Gentilly Road New Orleans, LA 70126 (504)940-5548
Liquidation is to start at 7:00 am 1-27-11 with 10% to 30% off
I called last night and a security guard answered the phone and he comfirmed it.
Some good deals might be available.

/ Home Depot Closing a Store in New Orleans #2  
Its 10 - 30% at first. The real scavenging comes a 90%. Watch for shelving, samples and displays and even the inhouse tools.

The Home Depot is closing 15 stores nationwide. 3 in Wisconsin, 2 in Ohio, 2 in New Jersey, 2 in Indiana and 1 each in Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, New York and Vermont. Those would be places to watch for closeout sales. The specific store numbers and cities, inside: #2015 East Fort Wayne, Indiana #2032 Marion, Indiana #2310 Frankfort, Kentucky #379 Opelousas, Louisiana #2819 Cottage Grove, Minnesota #6901 East Brunswick, New Jersey #6904 Saddle Brook, New Jersey #6171 Rome, New York #3702 Bismarck, North Dakota #3874 Findlay, Ohio #3865 Lima, Ohio #4552 Brattleboro, Vermont #4932 Beaver Dam, Wisconsin #4933 Fond du Lac, Wisconsin #4913 NW Milwaukee, Wisconsin

/ Home Depot Closing a Store in New Orleans #3  
Did they say why they are closing? With the housing market as slow as it is, Home Depot and Lowes have been very busy with people working on their homes and making them nicer instead of selling and upgrading.

Eddie

/ Home Depot Closing a Store in New Orleans #4  
Not sure if Lowe's is near by, but when Lowe's built across from Home Depot in my area, business dropped concededly at the Depot.
DevilDog

/ Home Depot Closing a Store in New Orleans
They may be a little saturated and not enough people moving back to the area.
There will still be 9 Home Depot and 7 Lowes in the New Orleans area, plus a few others.

/ Home Depot Closing a Store in New Orleans #7  
There must be more than 15 stores closing because you did not mention the Holland Michigan store that is also closing today.

/ Home Depot Closing a Store in New Orleans #8  
From what I have read elsewhere, they are closing stores that aren't meeting the company's targeted returns. If they were smart they would follow Dollar General and build where the other guys are not. Dollar General put a store in every wide spot in the road around our area. They all seem to be getting a lot of business. I would still prefer to deal with local businesses myself but the big guys pretty much killed them already around here for the most part.

/ Home Depot Closing a Store in New Orleans #9  
Around here Lowes sales staff is helpful and the store is clean and orderly while HD employees don't seem to care and the store is a mess. If this is the case with other HD stores I know why they are closing.

/ Home Depot Closing a Store in New Orleans #10  
BUT, I heard Tuesday night that the economy was on the up swing:laughing:
Well, that is what ***** said:rolleyes: