Massey GC2400 Snow Throwing Cab

/ Massey GC2400 Snow Throwing Cab #1  

blackd

Platinum Member
Tractor
Yanmar FX24D replaced with Massey GC2400
I had this up on the Massey Ferguson thread and decided to also summarize it here for another audience. The cab is made of wood and Plexiglas. The mounts are designed for the MF GC23/400 series, but the cab is capable of being used on any tractor once mounting is resolved. It did not require any drilling into/on the tractor. I did loosen two of the ROP bolts on each side to slide angle iron extensions to mount the rear and clear the ROP.

It weighs ~150 lbs, costs ~ $175-200 to build. I used mostly items in my workshop, one by rough cut oak, a sheet of T-111, and some small pieces of light weight angle iron from a bed frame. The largest cost was Plexiglas at around $115-130. Hardware and paint made up the difference in costs.

I used ~ 7 (1"X6"X8' ) boards that I dimensioned to commercial sizes, and then cut to fit the individual sizes/pieces. It could just as easily been built from available pine in 2X4 and 2X2 sizes.

The rear mount pic shows a front to back on the right side of the tractor. The whole right side is hinged, as here was little to mount a pillar for a shorter door. It shows the angle iron which was notched to fit under the existing ROP bolts. The final pic is to show that it is readily removable from the tractor. Here is was removed to paint. I will probably store it this way, hung from the ceiling in my lean to, and ready to be reinstalled.

The top is separately removable and I am considering building separate mounts to use it in the warm season. One added benefit of the rear angle iron extensions is that it gives me a shelf for building a box for storage. I still have to add lights, am considering a hydraulic drive for the chute, and replacing the front window with auto glass. That will add ~$125 to the total costs of a hard cab. Next heat or wiper?

I have tried it once in the latest very light snow and it was a world of difference. Well worth the cost, time and learning experience.

Attachments

• Left rear mount.jpg
    Left rear mount.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 332
  • driver suide mount.jpg
    driver suide mount.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 285
  • 0114011436b.jpg
    0114011436b.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 529
  • 0114011436a.jpg
    0114011436a.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 318
  • Front view.jpg
    Front view.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 268
  • right side.jpg
    right side.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 478
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 281
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 331
  • the blower.jpg
    the blower.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 302
  • Top New colr.jpg
    Top New colr.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 233
  • Yes it is removable.jpg
    Yes it is removable.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:
   / Massey GC2400 Snow Throwing Cab #2  
awesome build.............

wonder if it could be made to fit my gc2610 with the loader still on. ???

candyman

/ Massey GC2400 Snow Throwing Cab
Candyman, I haven't tried it with the FEL on, but the way it is built now, I think the FEL will fit if the cab pillar mounts are bolted inside the FEL mounts.

I'm assuming you have the same four predrilled holes in your FEL mounts.