New Quick attach

/ New Quick attach #1  

mroldstyle

Silver Member
Tractor
2003 New Holland tc 29d
Heres some pics of a quick attach setup I'm building for my 7308 loader on my New Holland. Cut the bucket brackets off and replaced with a socket on the bucket for them to fit into, then held on the bottom with a pin similar to whats on my friends JD 970. Also pics of brush grapple I'm working on and the qa socket tacked onto it to check fit. Waiting on hose fitting for that, hopefully be able to give it a test drive on Thursday. What do you think? Go easy on me this is my first project:laughing:

Attachments

• grapple 002.jpg
    grapple 002.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 531
  • grapple 004.jpg
    grapple 004.jpg
    457.8 KB · Views: 708
  • grapple 003.jpg
    grapple 003.jpg
    426.7 KB · Views: 738
   / New Quick attach
And heres the rest of the pics. ( is there a limit to number of pics per post?)

Attachments

• grapple 004.jpg
    grapple 004.jpg
    457.8 KB · Views: 490
  • grapple 009.jpg
    grapple 009.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 610
  • grapple 011.jpg
    grapple 011.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 562
   / New Quick attach #3  
And heres the rest of the pics. ( is there a limit to number of pics per post?)

I have not seen a limit as to the numbers of photo. There is also the PHOTO GALLERY at the top of the page.

/ New Quick attach #4  
Looks good. Let us know how it works out as far as strength and anything you would have done differently or would do again.

I would like to do something similar in the future so I really appreciate the post.

/ New Quick attach #5  
Don't know if you're going to rig the hydraulics so the clamp teeth will go down below the rake tines like that, but you will like it if they do. Then you can pull stuff back out of a pile (brush, or logs more likely) and pick up just what you want. Nice looking.
Jim

/ New Quick attach #7  
Good looking work Mroldstyle.!!!
Looks like you and are thinking along the same lines on the brush grapple. I've been working on one that's very similar to your design. I'll try and post some pics soon!

Mark

/ New Quick attach
Don't know if you're going to rig the hydraulics so the clamp teeth will go down below the rake tines like that, but you will like it if they do. Then you can pull stuff back out of a pile (brush, or logs more likely) and pick up just what you want. Nice looking.
Jim

Yup thats what I'm planning. Thinking that way if I'm carrying one or two logs it will clamp down on them tighter. Also plan on making a removable stop on the end of the forks so I can just pinch one log and then pick it up to a comfortable height for blocking into firewood. Allready tried out the hydraulics, temporarily hooked up to my rear remotes and it works good, gotta be carefull to feather the valve or its pretty fast but otherwise works as planned. Now waiting for hose and fittings to reach up to the front. Hopefully there not stuck in a snowdrift between here an Pa. somewhere on the UPS truck!

/ New Quick attach #10  
The only thing I saw that might be a problem is in the 3rd picture in post #2 it looks like the top of the quick hitch welded to the bucket might hit the dump/curl piston. I hope not, because it looks light a cool setup!

Last edited: