Silver Member
Tractor
massey ferguson
Image0311.jpg

Image0302.jpg

Image0308.jpg

more pictures and a video of it working here

/ LOG SPLITTER homemade 3point linkage #2  
What is the size of the cyl. It looks rather small.

/ LOG SPLITTER homemade 3point linkage #3  
When ever I see a home made splitter it is always interesting how everyone uses the materials at hand to achieve the same results ie a working splitter.
Craig Clayton

/ LOG SPLITTER homemade 3point linkage #4  
Me too craig, would have never thought that slid would function without binding,,, Looks like I was wrong.

Looks good to me and it obvously works

/ LOG SPLITTER homemade 3point linkage #5  
Me too craig, would have never thought that slid would function without binding,,, Looks like I was wrong.

Thats exactally what I was thinking.

That pushplate and slide look almost similar to that little metal clip on the gas shock on a screed door to hold it open. If you have it in place and the door propped open, no matter how hard you will try, the rod will bend or the mount will break before they slip:confused2:

/ LOG SPLITTER homemade 3point linkage #6  
heres my home made version...has worked great for 4-5 years or so...cant really recall when i made this thing. i tried to make it with as few parts as possible........

Attachments

• _MG_4732.jpg
    _MG_4732.jpg
    625.6 KB · Views: 1,332
  • _MG_4725.jpg
    _MG_4725.jpg
    830.7 KB · Views: 1,212
  • _MG_4733.jpg
    _MG_4733.jpg
    719.9 KB · Views: 1,697
   / LOG SPLITTER homemade 3point linkage

Haha and me too i didnt think it wood work :laughing:

/ LOG SPLITTER homemade 3point linkage
Here is a video of it working and yes i know it wood be safer with one operator :)

/ LOG SPLITTER homemade 3point linkage #9  
heres my home made version...has worked great for 4-5 years or so...cant really recall when i made this thing. i tried to make it with as few parts as possible........

Do you recall if you worked from a set of prints? I've inherited a twin to yours....Works great

/ LOG SPLITTER homemade 3point linkage #10  
Do you recall if you worked from a set of prints? I've inherited a twin to yours....Works great

ya, i had a pic/plan for it i got from a friend. then did some mods on that. dont recall where those prints are anymore.