Anyone make a log arch for a Skid steer?

/ Anyone make a log arch for a Skid steer? #1  

Rio_Grande

Platinum Member
I know odd question...

I can move logs out by grabbing with my grapple bucket but we are going to be moving out some full sizedlogs that I cant move out sideways. Wanting to use the track loader to drag the logs to an area I can load them. Thinking about making a log artch for the loader. Anyone see anything like that?

/ Anyone make a log arch for a Skid steer? #2  
I move some logs that are too long by just using a tooth bucket. I stick a tooth generally in the butt end of the log and just push it. It guides a bit like a trailer. I have been amazed by the size of logs and whole trees that can be moved that way. I generally put some lift on the log/tree to help traction and enable the log to move easier. I am generally thinning unwanted trees (thorny locusts) and have to manuever around trees that I want to save. I am usually making firewood or burn piles. I don't cut saw logs.

Drawbacks; Some dirt, mud, and debris gets embedded in the bark. Also care must be used to prevent the log from slipping and getting in the cab with you.

There are some pretty impressive rotating grapples on the market for skid steers but are a bit pricey. I am interested in your outcome and may borrow any ideas from you.

/ Anyone make a log arch for a Skid steer?
My inital thought was a grapple like device but was concerned about controlling it if I have to push, a flat plate would fix that,,, and going from one end of my place to the other is gonna be a pain.... but that is where I am right now
Also was thinking how big of a log I could skidd out with the 57 hp tractor.

/ Anyone make a log arch for a Skid steer? #4  
My buddy and I use a pair of log tongs. Hook then on the end of the tree trunk and drag them out to where they are easier to cut up and split.

/ Anyone make a log arch for a Skid steer? #6  
Look at Noka skid steer grapple. Its a loading grapple with a heel and goes on the qc. THey work good and are good the feed a chipper. Ryan also makes one. Im making a similar type one tht uses a one short stroke cylinder and a cross linkage to run both sides.