Rock Bucket completed

/ Rock Bucket completed #1  

SJBegin

Tractor
John Deere skid steer, Kioti CK25
After searching for a rock bucket, I found them to be expensive 1200. or more. And most were heavy about 700 lbs+. My tractor will only lift 1200 lbs at the pins on a good day. So I redesigned and came up with this.
I used 3/4" cold roll round stock for the tines
Using cold roll I figured the tines would be a little more brittle, but stronger which allowed me to use 3/4" in stead of 1" in order to lighten it up. I was able to bend the round stock to about a 60-70 deg angle with with no problems, this way when attached to the loader I can tip the bucket back more to hold the material better. So far this has worked awesome and I've been able to pick up a rock literally the size of the bucket and the center of the bucket didn't flex, which was one of my major concerns trying to lighten it up. Weighs roughly 300lbs and cost me the same. Hope you like.

Attachments

• image-4148139787.png
    image-4148139787.png
    934.1 KB · Views: 799
  • image-800517685.jpg
    image-800517685.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,027
   / Rock Bucket completed #2  
That looks great! Very nice work! How's it working so far?

/ Rock Bucket completed #3  
Nice looking build :thumbsup:

/ Rock Bucket completed #4  
Very good looking bucket! :thumbsup:

I love to see things people have built themselves!

/ Rock Bucket completed #5  
Ill give you $400.00 for it. Just kidding, thats really nice. Is that 3/4 black pipe that plumbers use? Really nice work........

/ Rock Bucket completed #8  
Very nice work. That definitely looks like it will get the job done.

/ Rock Bucket completed #10  
What spacing did you use between the rods?
I have an old home-made stone fork but the spacing is about 7". Fine for big stuff, and roots/stumps but too wide for fine work. (it started out as a manure fork, 1 1/8" tines)