Flea Market Find

/ Flea Market Find #1  

MikesTractor

Silver Member
Tractor
1964 Ford 2000D and 1959 Ford 801
OK folks.....If this is in the wrong place, maybe one of the mods will move it.

I have been wanting one of these to use while building stuff for my tractors. Well, I finally found one today at a flea market, and I was so pleased with it that I had to tell somebody. Not sure if you can see the price on the handle, I got this baby for $50.00 bucks.:thumbsup:

It is a Bux-Shrader model LL-2 magnetic base with a Milwaukee 1600 1/2" drill mounted on it. It's kind of stiff because it hasn't been used in a while, but a little cleaning and some grease in the right places should fix that. I should have all of that taken care of today.

Come Monday, I can start playing.....er... building stuff for my tractors.:D

Mike

Attachments

• 100_4986.JPG
    100_4986.JPG
    739.4 KB · Views: 896
  • 100_4987.JPG
    100_4987.JPG
    540.5 KB · Views: 390
  • 100_4988.jpg
    100_4988.jpg
    408.1 KB · Views: 460
   / Flea Market Find #2  
Nice find. Now, you can give that drill press a rest.

/ Flea Market Find #3  
Great deal.:thumbsup: Just got our Milwaukee mag drill repaired at work and it cost us $260 Can.

/ Flea Market Find #4  
totaly a great find. one time i worked in a shop for over a year with that same kind of drill press. youll amaze your self as to what that press will do. very happy for you.

/ Flea Market Find #5  
I agree as this was a nice find, however I have used MAG drills before and be very sure. If you use it on a vertical surface be sure to chain it off so it does not fall in the event some one unplugs it or you loose power.
Norbie454

/ Flea Market Find #6  
Prolly the best $50 bucks you spent in a while! Good find. Hey I spent $107 today but I didn't think a picture of my GAS CAP was very interesting:laughing: See if you can get the right type of (not shure what to call it) "reciever?" to accept the annular cutters, you prolly know what I mean there like a hole saw but heavy duty. Happy Holes!

/ Flea Market Find
Thanks everyone. I never expected to find one of these at a flea market, much less at that price.

Well, I took the slide apart and cleaned it good. The old lube was dry and sticky. I cleaned everything, greased it up, and reassembled it. It moves a lot smoother now....So, I chucked up a bit and drilled a few test holes and it worked great!

If you use it on a vertical surface be sure to chain it off so it does not fall in the event some one unplugs it or you loose power.
Norbie454

Thanks, good point. The dealer that I used to work for had one. We used it a lot in the field. If it wasn't sitting upright, it had to have a safety line tied to it.;)

Around the shop I'll use an engine hoist to move it(helps save the back), and outside I'll use the boom on my service truck. Both ways, the lift strap will remain attached.

Rustyiron,
I have some of those cutters that I use with my drill press. I'll have to do a some checking to see if I can adapt them to the mag drill.

Mike

/ Flea Market Find #9  
See if you can get the right type of (not shure what to call it) "reciever?" to accept the annular cutters, you prolly know what I mean there like a hole saw but heavy duty.

They are called "arbors"....I got mine mailed to me from England, but mine
does not have the coolant collar.

Awesome find, Mike!