/ 3 pt multi purpose bar #1  

StanR

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040
I saw one of these and thought I could improve on what I saw

So bought a used trailer hitch cheap ... got some more steel

002-6.jpg

If I keep it, I should be able to do many things with this. Still have to weld the tab, ends etc .. going to use double tabs on the bottom to make it stronger.

This thing is very heavy..

007-6.jpg

Also made this with some mostly scrape steel I got for free from tractor supply

my deluxe UDS needed a cart with wheels

007-7.jpg

/ 3 pt multi purpose bar
Got a little more done...

002-7.jpg

/ 3 pt multi purpose bar #3  
Looking good. Are you going logging with it?

/ 3 pt multi purpose bar
Not going logging... Just thought the top bar and chain hocks would be useful around the ranch. Also think it looks pretty cool.

Might have to paint it Kubota orange... to match my mx5100

/ 3 pt multi purpose bar #5  
If you are going to pull things that are heavy I think you should brace the lower link pin tabs. I would guess that your MX5100 has enough power to bend those. It is a neat build.

/ 3 pt multi purpose bar
Thanks

I am going to brace them tonight

The tabs are 5/16 x 2.5 inch flat bar.

/ 3 pt multi purpose bar #7  
If you are going to pull things that are heavy I think you should brace the lower link pin tabs. I would guess that your MX5100 has enough power to bend those. It is a neat build.

I agree 100%. Your MX will bend those like sheet metal.

I have a similar design on my home-built ripper shank. I used 1/2" x 3" bar and a triangular gusset on the top. I had no trouble bending it even with my little L3400.

I would put a gusset plat on the top AND bottom tying it back into the main beam. Or ditch the single pin and do a clevis style like the HD box blades.

/ 3 pt multi purpose bar
I agree 100%. Your MX will bend those like sheet metal.

I have a similar design on my home-built ripper shank. I used 1/2" x 3" bar and a triangular gusset on the top. I had no trouble bending it even with my little L3400.

I would put a gusset plat on the top AND bottom tying it back into the main beam. Or ditch the single pin and do a clevis style like the HD box blades.

I will add the top and bottom gussets tonight. there should be plenty of room to get a socket in there to tighten

I thought about the clevis style, but this thing is very heavy and thought the single pin would be easier to attached.

/ 3 pt multi purpose bar
I think this might work

Now some grinding and paint

004-6.jpg

/ 3 pt multi purpose bar #10  
Very nice:thumbsup: