Plans for my "Carryall-Type Thing"

/ Plans for my "Carryall-Type Thing" #1  

wvpolekat

Platinum Member
Tractor
1947 Ford 2N and 2003 Kubota B7500
I have long wanted a carryall to use while mowing, but with a MMM, the 3PH controls it. So, you would end up with it basically dragging on the ground when mowing.

So, I stared at the back of my tractor for a while......

What I came up with is kind of a carryall, but not really. More of a headache rack. It will connect to the tractor via the socket for the fixed drawbar and the toplink. Of course, this means that it will not raise and lower. But, it will give me a place to put some pipes to carry a shovel, rake, etc. As well as some hooks to hang buckets/chains/stray children off of.

I also put a provision in for a removable floor, but not so sure on that. It's not going to be super strong.

Anyhow, here is a quick drawing I did. Would love some feedback and thoughts before I buy the steel.

carryall-thing.jpg

/ Plans for my "Carryall-Type Thing" #2  
So far so good.

Do the 3 ph arms run by on the outside of the carryall?

When is the build date?

/ Plans for my "Carryall-Type Thing"
So far so good.

Do the 3 ph arms run by on the outside of the carryall?

When is the build date?

The would run behind it. I it will be far enough out to miss it.

This weekend isn't good, but maybe next week.

/ Plans for my "Carryall-Type Thing" #4  
looks like a good build. I will be following this one to see how it goes.

Beefie

/ Plans for my "Carryall-Type Thing" #5  
I like your idea, opens up quite a few possibilities.

I built a kind of mini-carryall to hang on the back of my lawn tractor or CUT to thow trash and what-not in while mowing, or to carry small tools, etc. I call it the tractor tub.

Attachments

• IMG_3056 B.jpg
    IMG_3056 B.jpg
    828.2 KB · Views: 399
   / Plans for my "Carryall-Type Thing" #6  
I don't have a MMM, so I'm not sure: Are the 3PH lower arms directly connected to the MMM arms?

If not, you could mount the carryall to the 3PH arms, use them to lift the carryall up into place, lock it at that height, & then continue to use your MMM.

If yes, this idea wouldn't work, as your MMM would also be locked up.

/ Plans for my "Carryall-Type Thing"
I don't have a MMM, so I'm not sure: Are the 3PH lower arms directly connected to the MMM arms?

If not, you could mount the carryall to the 3PH arms, use them to lift the carryall up into place, lock it at that height, & then continue to use your MMM.

If yes, this idea wouldn't work, as your MMM would also be locked up.

The MMM lift hooks over the 3ph arms, so they have to move up and down with it.