Link to homebuilt tractor cab, Kubota L3000

/ Link to homebuilt tractor cab, Kubota L3000 #1  

roygage

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota L3000DT
Having failed at my attempts a year ago to fashion a tractor cab for my 2003 Kubota L3000DT I redoubled my efforts and got an earlier start this year.

Done just in time, made it by one day, for the first heavy snow I have now got a good hard winters experiance with it and could not be more pleased.

Figuring I could save others some grief I have put my experiance on my blog along with pictures.

I regret I did not take pictures of the build while in progess but as was pressed for time just did not get done. Are a few other pictures, frt. cab mounts for one, I will try to get on the blog later

Life on Highway 9: Building a tractor cab.

/ Link to homebuilt tractor cab, Kubota L3000 #2  
Nicely done.

/ Link to homebuilt tractor cab, Kubota L3000 #3  
Very nice! I plan on building a cab for my tractor, your information has given me some ideas.:thumbsup: Nice write-up:)

/ Link to homebuilt tractor cab, Kubota L3000
Well thank you for the kind words Yanmars. I apoligize for not posting pictures directly on this site but used up all my picture moving talent last weekend doing the blog entry.

Although having just joined this site I have been lurking for some time and seemed like a good place to post the build. Home sick with cold and chills today, seemed a good day to do it.

At some point I will get a picture of my first cab, what a waste of angle iron. whoever said haste makes waste, new from what they speak. Regards, Roy

/ Link to homebuilt tractor cab, Kubota L3000 #5  
Spectacular job and well thought out.

and it isn't always the saving sometimes its the fun and the challenge.

/ Link to homebuilt tractor cab, Kubota L3000
Spectacular job and well thought out.

and it isn't always the saving sometimes its the fun and the challenge.

Grayson, nothing motivates like failure. My father, an amazing builder, has been gone for three years. Was determined this one would do him proud.

Years ago when I was sixteen in great haste I built a tube grill for my 59 chevy out of 1/2 soft copper tubing. It of course looked terrible. Later I took my time using 3/8 steel rod. This time I took care to get the bends even and the spacing proper.

Dad never critized the first effort but looking at my second effort commented to me what a diffrence it makes when you take your time and think a project thru.

A little thing but I never forgot it. My first effort looked every bit as bad as that first grill. (-:

/ Link to homebuilt tractor cab, Kubota L3000 #9  
Nice job, it's got me thinking about this winter. Good detail on the build and pics.