homemade bulldozer

/ homemade bulldozer #1  

casetractor

Tractor
case 446 and sears 8xl and powerking
hi i was wondering if anyone has ever made a bulldozer or track loader? i have about 2 acres and think a bulldozer would be cool to have around here.:laughing: so i was wondering if anyone had any plans that i might be able to use. :licking:i was thinking about getting a old zero turn and basing it of that. :confused:

/ homemade bulldozer #3  
In 98 when I graduated HS I was running a scraper down in Oxford MS on a job we were doing and saw an older guy that had taken a smaller Davis tracked trencher and stripped the trencher off it and the backfill blade and turned the controls around to face the back. I saw him at the junkyard when he bought it. He mad a nice little set of loader arms from 2 by 3 tubing and a little bucket. It was fairly slow but stout. He cleaned out stables and at one point was seen cleaning out a stopped up box culvert. WHere the blade was he madea small scarifier bar to rip with.

/ homemade bulldozer
for workinprogress i saw what you did and i thought it looked realy good. i am actually trying to do something more like taylortractornuts idea with the trencher but i cant realy find any old trenchers for sale were i am. but the trencher is about the same size or a little bigger than what i planed.

/ homemade bulldozer #5  
When I get my Tracked Dumper running, hopefully in a month, I'll let you know if it can push its way out of a wet paper bag. There is some interesting stuff on the Internet on 2/5 scale tanks and "paintball tanks" when it comes to designing a simple and robust transmission, if you choose not to go to hydraulic.

The big delema is, building something that can push dirt and not take an hour to cross the yard.

Attachments

• idler%20mockup.jpg
    idler%20mockup.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 5,541
   / homemade bulldozer #6  
I would buy a D21 Komatsu. You will get plenty of opportunities to work on it and spend money. That is just the nature of any well used machine. When it is in running order, it will be fun to play with. Or you could get a D3. A Mitsubishi BD2 might be hard to get parts for.

/ homemade bulldozer
as for David Devuono, i thought your machine was realy cool. i like the whole set up but i dont realy want a bed on mine and i agree about the hour crossing the yard.:licking: i have also seen the D21 Komatsu, and the d3s and i realy dont want to spend a whole lot of money on this project. i would rather take time during the summer to make it than buying one. atleast that way i can make it the way i want but that is simmilar to the way i want to make it.:)

/ homemade bulldozer #8  
I may know where a larger Davis trencher is in a salvage yard with 6 or 8 foot long tracks the one in Oxford had a smaller one with a 4 foot set of tracks.

/ homemade bulldozer #9  
It's not exactly plans, but you can look up Struck and Magnatrac for some build ideas. It seems there were some plans in one of the old science magazines. I did a quick google search, but didn't find anything yet. I know they are out there, though.

/ homemade bulldozer
yea id love to have a old trencher lik what ur talkin bout but im in nj and ur in mississippi:mad: but as for Iplayfarmer i have seen the old struck and magna tracs and would love to have one but they are nearlly impossiple to find where i am:mad: but have seen what they look lik and s pretty cool looking:thumbsup: