3 point hitch pallet mover

/ 3 point hitch pallet mover #24  
I have SSQA forks

IMG_1354249647614.png

Yea so do I. Would be nice to use same forks Front or Back.

/ 3 point hitch pallet mover
Nice Roger,
They look good

Thank you.

350 + tax

That's cheaper than the Land pride.

Do you have trouble with wood falling off

If you turn too fast it will throw it off. If I am in the woods I have a set of cambuckle straps from home depot that I throw across each stack and tilt it back. I have a fairly steep hill on the way out. I just moved 2 skids without straps today to stack inside I went 8MPH to see how stable it was and nothing fell off. A lot of it depends how well you stack it on there. If you have wood that has been split it more stable than round pieces. I am in the process of transferring all of my wood to skids. At one time I had 40 skids. Now I am down to 34 or 36. Everything I cut on my property is cut and split and stacked right on the skid. It cuts down on the amount of times you have to handle it. Each skid is 1/4 cord. You could try a skid and see how well you like it. I never put on in the house. I am afraid there might be a mouse in the skid. I pull up to the house then take it on a dolly or wagon.

/ 3 point hitch pallet mover #26  
Can a kubota BX2360 pick up a 1/4 of a cord of split wood with loader pallet forks? Not the clamp on bucket ones.

Thanks, Shawn

/ 3 point hitch pallet mover
Can a kubota BX2360 pick up a 1/4 of a cord of split wood with loader pallet forks? Not the clamp on bucket ones.

Thanks, Shawn

I don't have a loader but I am going to say no. That is about all it will pick up on the 3 point hitch.

/ 3 point hitch pallet mover #28  
Shawn, that's highly unlikely. 1/4 cord of oak is about 1200lbs, sticking out 3 ft in front of the loader boom. I can barely do it with my B2620, and it makes the tractor very unstable. I'm working on 3pt forks to move heavy stuff.

/ 3 point hitch pallet mover #29  
Ok thanks guys for the replies. I like that set up you have Roger. I am thinking about a new BX tractor, and one of the things I want to do is move pallets of firewood. It looks like I might have to rethink my options. Maybe 1/8 cord on pallets stacked 2-high? Or use 3pt forks. Sorry if I am stealing your thread, If I am, moderater may delete this post.

Shawn

/ 3 point hitch pallet mover #30  
I've been using pallets for firewood, and I'm moving away from it mainly because my terrain is too uneven to safely move a reasonable amount at a time. My plan (once I've burned the palletized wood) is to have a small trailer to fill up at the woodpile and pull to the door by my stove. OR to use 3pt forks-but you'll need a hydraulic top link to make it convenient.