3 point hitch pallet mover

/ 3 point hitch pallet mover #31  
Murph, I think you can get a SSQA for the 3 pt hitch, and use your forks back there.

/ 3 point hitch pallet mover #32  
Can a kubota BX2360 pick up a 1/4 of a cord of split wood with loader pallet forks? Not the clamp on bucket ones.

Thanks, Shawn

Like others doubtful. I can say an m8540 loader will lift just under 1/2 cord into a pickup truck with no issues.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130304_141622.png
    ForumRunner_20130304_141622.png
    668.5 KB · Views: 366
  • ForumRunner_20130304_141634.png
    ForumRunner_20130304_141634.png
    735.3 KB · Views: 273
   / 3 point hitch pallet mover
Ok thanks guys for the replies. I like that set up you have Roger. I am thinking about a new BX tractor, and one of the things I want to do is move pallets of firewood. It looks like I might have to rethink my options. Maybe 1/8 cord on pallets stacked 2-high? Or use 3pt forks. Sorry if I am stealing your thread, If I am, moderater may delete this post.

Shawn

Thanks Shawn. Your not stealing my thread. I have almost all of my wood on pallets, 41 pallets with wood on them now. I will have close to 50 after I get this last bit stacked. It cuts down on a lot of work and easy to move. I think the wood dries out better too. A 1/4 cord is a good load for a BX on the 3PH even. With a set of weights on the front I have trouble keeping the front down. A 1/8 cord would be better. I have a few pallets that are 1/2 of a 42x48. They would be good for a 1/8 cord. You could cut a 42x48 in half with a sawzall and burn the waste to make firewood pallets. Here is a picture of one in the dark with a old conveyor belt on it.

IMG_20130304_194822_zps76ecb146.jpg

Like others doubtful. I can say an m8540 loader will lift just under 1/2 cord into a pickup truck with no issues.

That's a different way to haul a pick up load of wood.:D

/ 3 point hitch pallet mover #34  
That's a different way to haul a pick up load of wood.:D

Thanks Roger,
As i've said before on this forum if you have a loader you will find creative ways to use it:D I had been at my buddies earlier that day splitting wood we sell firewood mainly because we enjoy doing it, and with a huge supply of dead ash we'd rather use it then let it rot. we split a couple cord that day and one of the guys that gets wood from me called and wanted a face cord so rather than leaving his house and coming back with the truck i decided I'd take it back to my house in the carry all then deliver it.
I really didn't think i would be able to pick it up and load it into the truck since the box empty is about 500 lbs and it was cantilevered over 6 feet off the loader but it was worth a shot. It paid off i didn't have handle the wood an extra time. We stacked his rack full and i brought the rest home.
That Carry-all sees almost as much action on my tractor as the loader