3 point hitch pallet mover

/ 3 point hitch pallet mover #1  

94BULLITT

Tractor
yes
I have been working on this the past couple of days. It is made out of 2x4 box .250 wall and the 3 point hitch mounts are 1/2''. I had all of the metal. The only thing I had to buy was 1 hitch pin. I still need to add some gussets, cap of the ends, and a few small things then I will clean and paint it.

2011-04-01221314.jpg

2011-04-01221224.jpg

2011-04-01221244.jpg

2011-04-01221158.jpg

/ 3 point hitch pallet mover #3  
You would be a good neighbor to live next door to ,Nice Job

/ 3 point hitch pallet mover #5  
Looks very handy. You just gave me an idea too. I have several sets of fork lift forks but no frame to mount them on. I think I'll just use the forks and build cross members like you have done here. Thanks for the idea!:thumbsup:

/ 3 point hitch pallet mover #6  
I have been working on this the past couple of days. It is made out of 2x4 box .250 wall and the 3 point hitch mounts are 1/2''. I had all of the metal. The only thing I had to buy was 1 hitch pin. I still need to add some gussets, cap of the ends, and a few small things then I will clean and paint it.

It looks good, but I would be worried about that critical point where the fork is attached. I've seen that design before, and always thought why couldn't that fork extend rearward past the frame, maybe 4 or 6 inches, that way you could gusset it there, there would be a bigger attachment area as well as greater leverage.

Just a thought, the light duty pallet movers TSC sells are just square butt welded (just angle iron) so I guess it must be pretty strong. plus you used a heavy wall box material.

Looks very handy. You just gave me an idea too. I have several sets of fork lift forks but no frame to mount them on. I think I'll just use the forks and build cross members like you have done here. Thanks for the idea!:thumbsup:

Good idea, For the lower cross just use a horizontal draw bar, you would be half done right there, since it would secure the forks and already has the pins on the ends, Plus it's plenty strong enough.

JB

/ 3 point hitch pallet mover #7  
nice work.:thumbsup:

/ 3 point hitch pallet mover #8  
How high is the top link attachment point from the lower lift arm pins? I'm working on this same project. I want it to lift level, as far as possible.

/ 3 point hitch pallet mover
Thanks for all of the replies. I got everything finished last night but the cleaning and painting it.
2011-04-03111635.jpg

2011-04-03111618.jpg

I had to put lift pins on backwards to get the spacing I wanted. I added some angle as a tie down point.
2011-04-03111654.jpg

It looks good, but I would be worried about that critical point where the fork is attached. I've seen that design before, and always thought why couldn't that fork extend rearward past the frame, maybe 4 or 6 inches, that way you could gusset it there, there would be a bigger attachment area as well as greater leverage.

Just a thought, the light duty pallet movers TSC sells are just square butt welded (just angle iron) so I guess it must be pretty strong. plus you used a heavy wall box material.

Good idea, For the lower cross just use a horizontal draw bar, you would be half done right there, since it would secure the forks and already has the pins on the ends, Plus it's plenty strong enough.

JB
I did gusset it in the back but I probably should have left a little more hanging over in the rear. I used the king kutter pallet mover for inspiration.

How high is the top link attachment point from the lower lift arm pins? I'm working on this same project. I want it to lift level, as far as possible.
I am 99% the top link is 18" for the lift arms. The pictures I just posted are with it lifted all the way up. Everyone says a hydraulic top link is a must for a pallet mover but this one lifts pretty decent. Before I paint it tomorrow I will get a better picture so you can see.

I have a set of forks I am going to use to build a set for the fel. I wish I had would have had another set to use on this build. This may help your build.
TOP BOTTOM PALLET FORKS BAR kubota attachment fork - eBay (item 300541702265 end time Apr-04-11 16:14:45 PDT)

/ 3 point hitch pallet mover
I did not get the forks completely painted, just the underside. I ordered some of these to make the official. I put the forks through a stress test today.
YouTube - Stress testing the 3 piont hitch pallet mover Sorry the truck in the video is not for sale.
Here is pic of how it is gusseted.
2011-04-04174038.jpg

I double checked it is 18" from the lift arm center to center.
Here are some pictures showing them throughout their range of motion.
2011-04-04174025.jpg

2011-04-04174018.jpg

2011-04-04174013.jpg

Here is a video showing them go up and down. I think with them lifted all the way up they were 4 inches off level but you really don't need to go that high going over most terrain.